What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Humidity finally dropped down into the high 80s today so I slapped something together with some wrapper @webmost sent me. Small tissue paper-like leaves with hole-y bits that have to be cut away and patched, so perfect for a petite corona like this. Can't wait to smoke it when the HR gets down to the high 70s! Thanks web!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Humidity finally dropped down into the high 80s today so I slapped something together with some wrapper @webmost sent me. Small tissue paper-like leaves with hole-y bits that have to be cut away and patched, so perfect for a petite corona like this. Can't wait to smoke it when the HR gets down to the high 70s! Thanks web!
What wrapper is it?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
As a smoker it is my fave wrapper next to Cuban. As a roller I like that it often doesn't f up a blend by tasting bad, tasting too strong, burning poorly; and often tastes like creamy custard. Also that it is not thick and ugly like nearly 100% of retail wrapper. Also the price is misleading, because each leaf weighs about a third or less of the dark retail wrappers. I've got pounds with 120 leaves. Yeah I'm a CT Shade fanboy. The drawback is that most rollers I know only like dark wrapper so I can't get the same stoke of sharing my sticks with people who would be disappointed to see yellow sticks in their gift box.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As a smoker it is my fave wrapper next to Cuban. As a roller I like that it often doesn't f up a blend by tasting shitty, tasting bad, tasting too strong, and often tastes like creamy custard. Also that it is not thick and ugly like nearly 100% of retail wrapper. Also the price is misleading, because each leaf weighs about a third or less of the dark retail wrappers. I've got pounds with 120 leaves. Yeah I'm a CT Shade fanboy. The drawback is that most rollers I know only like dark wrapper so I can't get the same stoke of sharing my sticks with people who would be disappointed to see yellow sticks in their gift box.
Any thoughts of wlt shade, which is a little cheaper than lo shade? I didn't think about the more leaves per pound aspect.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any thoughts of wlt shade, which is a little cheaper than lo shade? I didn't think about the more leaves per pound aspect.

Best retail wrapper ever IMHO was WLT Ecuador CT Shade, which of course he doesn't carry anymore. Cream city. I last used his USA CT Shade 2 years ago and didn't like the flavor. I don't know how it is today. Of Jorge's I think I prefer the Ecuador.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice. Shade is so expensive vs little taste I haven't found a reason to spring for it yet.

The reason is exactly what you said: When you want something that is flavor transparent, so as to let the filler shine thru. All CT shade adds is a touch of cream. And the color is fantastic!

Too bad this batch of FXSS is so tiny. Wish I had more of his previous batch. We are at the mercy of the crops, I spose. I have no notion what makes them big one year and tiny the next.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The reason is exactly what you said: When you want something that is flavor transparent, so as to let the filler shine thru. All CT shade adds is a touch of cream. And the color is fantastic!

Too bad this batch of FXSS is so tiny. Wish I had more of his previous batch. We are at the mercy of the crops, I spose. I have no notion what makes them big one year and tiny the next.
Here's an example of the previous batch of FX CT shade, rolled six months ago. The blend is one part each WLT Criollo ligero, viso, and seco. Here. even the binder is from FX Smith's Sons, to let the full on yoyo come thru. ...

Rich Criollo flavor.

Cracked this box open last night with a good anejo tequila and another in the Hornblower series. This smoking porch is one of the best things I've built. Once I am forcibly retired here, which will probably be the case in the next year, you will know where to find me.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here's an example of the previous batch of FX CT shade, rolled six months ago. The blend is one part each WLT Criollo ligero, viso, and seco. Here. even the binder is from FX Smith's Sons, to let the full on yoyo come thru. ...

Rich Criollo flavor.

Cracked this box open last night with a good anejo tequila and another in the Hornblower series. This smoking porch is one of the best things I've built. Once I am forcibly retired here, which will probably be the case in the next year, you will know where to find me.
Is your smoking porch described in another thread somewhere? I'm planning on building a home and am ever curious about all the options available.
As I won't have a smoking room, a smoking porch may be the ticket!