What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How so?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
I'm saying there are some blends that come pretty close to the flavor profiles offered in the Padron. I dislike when people come to my rolling station and say can you make me a LFD or a Padron or a Drew Estate... I look at them like... Is you the fuck crazy? but then... I explain that I don't carry the leaf they use in my inventory... I ask them what they recall about the blend they smoked that interested them and then I provide the blend that will reproduce those effects on their palate. Most times I get no argument with the results. When people say the love a Padron... they can't really tell you which one... there is something they love about that brand's sticks... find the note that sings loudest from that brand and you will come very close to the brand when you create your blend. They put what I make in their mouth ... smoke it and say... "yeah... that's it." They don't know what they are asking for is the essence of Padron not the exact blend. ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm saying there are some blends that come pretty close to the flavor profiles offered in the Padron. I dislike when people come to my rolling station and say can you make me a LFD or a Padron or a Drew Estate... I look at them like... Is you the fuck crazy? but then... I explain that I don't carry the leaf they use in my inventory... I ask them what they recall about the blend they smoked that interested them and then I provide the blend that will reproduce those effects on their palate. Most times I get no argument with the results. When people say the love a Padron... they can't really tell you which one... there is something they love about that brand's sticks... find the note that sings loudest from that brand and you will come very close to the brand when you create your blend. They put what I make in their mouth ... smoke it and say... "yeah... that's it." They don't know what they are asking for is the essence of Padron not the exact blend. ;)
I would say spice and power are what come to my mind when I think padron. I like both.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I would say spice and power are what come to my mind when I think padron. I like both.

Fine tune that... what type of spice? You already know how to achieve the power. Which power leaf comes to mind that contains the type of spice you are thinking of? Which leaves together with the power leaf will accentuate those spice notes? By spice do you mean pepper or do you mean season? These are all questions I ask because a Padron to your palate is unique to the palate of another aficionado. So the interpretation needs to be well translated so you can cater to the palate not necessarily the brand. You know? I also get customers saying that they find a leathery texture to Padron... there are some leaf blends that provide that more than others.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fine tune that... what type of spice? You already know how to achieve the power. Which power leaf comes to mind that contains the type of spice you are thinking of? Which leaves together with the power leaf will accentuate those spice notes? By spice do you mean pepper or do you mean season? These are all questions I ask because a Padron to your palate is unique to the palate of another aficionado. So the interpretation needs to be well translated so you can cater to the palate not necessarily the brand. You know? I also get customers saying that they find a leathery texture to Padron... there are some leaf blends that provide that more than others.
Good thoughts. My problem is with so many combinations, even though leaf choices are some what limited, I could spend a lifetime trying to chase that flavor. Even tasting leaves puro style don't reflect how they will taste once blended with other leaves, in my experience.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good thoughts. My problem is with so many combinations, even though leaf choices are some what limited, I could spend a lifetime trying to chase that flavor. Even tasting leaves puro style don't reflect how they will taste once blended with other leaves, in my experience.

This is true... but not a life time... ;) :p ... puro style will not tell you how the blends taste together... since power plays are created in the burn... that is who will take the dominant profile lead once burned may not be who you think based on a solo burn. It takes me a dozen blend burns on average to find a blend that hits a certain profile. I have that archived in my mind so when the customer makes a request I refer to that blend as a base. LFD has a base blend that creates their unique profile... the rest is tweaked to create variations... while still being LFD. So what you are searching for is a blend that is comparable.... close but not exact... I've achieved some so close they were nearly exact and yet the leaves where not the same... like the difference between a grand piano and a baby grand ... LFD would be a grand piano... while I'd produce the baby grand :p The profile given by the manufacture of the name brand leaf content gives you a head start. You know the leaves you are looking to include should be nic, dom, braz... all based on their profile descriptions... it's then left to you to build the formula from that based on the profile produced on cold and hot draws. Smelling the wrapper should tell you what wrapper it is even when they avoid telling you. Wrappers all have distinct aromas.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Ok I've decided I'm going to start rolling myself! I've been reading "adventures in home rolling" I'm on page 69 of 217 ::tired eyes:: I've been reading all day in my spare time!

Trying to gain as much knowledge as I can then watch some videos and check out FTT .. then I'm diving in! I'm going to use my metal storage shed as my rolling space lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I've decided I'm going to start rolling myself! I've been reading "adventures in home rolling" I'm on page 69 of 217 ::tired eyes:: I've been reading all day in my spare time!

Trying to gain as much knowledge as I can then watch some videos and check out FTT .. then I'm diving in! I'm going to use my metal storage shed as my rolling space lol.

I have a bunch of good rolling videos saved in my "cigar" playlist on YouTube. I have videos from Bliss and webmost in there too. They are great places to start. My name on YouTube is the same name I use here.

I may make a video in the next week or so as well.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a bunch of good rolling videos saved in my "cigar" playlist on YouTube. I have videos from Bliss and webmost in there too. They are great places to start. My name on YouTube is the same name I use here.

I may make a video in the next week or so as well.

Sweet thanks bro! I just saved the playlist to my favorites playlist