What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gonna call this bad boy "The @Hopduro " Beautiful light baking spice, light white pepper, and barnyard. The barnyard is coming from the immaturity of the Arapriaca wrapper. You can see the green splotches in these photos. I smoked this 6 x 44 for about 1.5 hours then tossed it after the second photo because it had gone from day to night and it was time to go in and do other stuff. I really enjoyed this a lot. Little bit too much nic for the light body, which I know is coming from the wrapper. Barnyard is not totally in my wheelhouse but I still dug it. Might dig it more with a creamy wrapper, and fortunately I have one such with this blend ready to smoke manana. Makes me wonder whether the horse shit from the LO Colombian might just be because the Colombian, like this Arapriaca, is under-processed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna call this bad boy "The @Hopduro " Beautiful light baking spice, light white pepper, and barnyard. The barnyard is coming from the immaturity of the Arapriaca wrapper. You can see the green splotches in these photos. I smoked this 6 x 44 for about 1.5 hours then tossed it after the second photo because it had gone from day to night and it was time to go in and do other stuff. I really enjoyed this a lot. Little bit too much nic for the light body, which I know is coming from the wrapper. Barnyard is not totally in my wheelhouse but I still dug it. Might dig it more with a creamy wrapper, and fortunately I have one such with this blend ready to smoke manana. Makes me wonder whether the horse shit from the LO Colombian might just be because the Colombian, like this Arapriaca, is under-processed.

I have to ask... is this the wrapper I sent you? It looks awful, like it has a freak'in disease. I have probably 60 cigars rolled in that wrapper and don't have one that looks like that.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are all the wrappers ( I sent four or 5 full leaves) spotted like that or just that one? I just got up and inspected the cigars with a flash light and I can't find one that has ANY spots like that. Nor do I see spots on any of the remaining leaf I have left in the bag. I have nothing that looks like that. I would never send that out to anyone.

This is very odd. Is mold a possibility??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't put these wrappers in high case. I lightly spritz them them, bag them, and let them get what I call fluffy. Never moist. So maybe before they got to me? To me they're just not fully cured, which is how they taste to me, too. What you see there is how they look in the bag from Gd.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

I like the name of the blend! Worried about the band pic though...

That's an interesting thought Blake, but how would we ever know what good Colombian filler tasted like?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Are all the wrappers ( I sent four or 5 full leaves) spotted like that or just that one? I just got up and inspected the cigars with a flash light and I can't find one that has ANY spots like that. Nor do I see spots on any of the remaining leaf I have left in the bag. I have nothing that looks like that. I would never send that out to anyone.

This is very odd. Is mold a possibility??
The aripiraca I have looks like this as well. There is quite a few leaves that are splotchy but I always assumed those were water spots, etc. I still enjoy the leaf personally. I haven't had any with any real age beyond a couple months but I do taste a "youngness" to the leaves like what Blake mentions. Enjoyable on the fresh side but will age very very well in my opinion.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't put these wrappers in high case. I lightly spritz them them, bag them, and let them get what I call fluffy. Never moist. So maybe before they got to me? To me they're just not fully cured, which is how they taste to me, too. What you see there is how they look in the bag from Gd.
The aripiraca I have looks like this as well. There is quite a few leaves that are splotchy but I always assumed those were water spots, etc. I still enjoy the leaf personally. I haven't had any with any real age beyond a couple months but I do taste a "youngness" to the leaves like what Blake mentions. Enjoyable on the fresh side but will age very very well in my opinion.

When did you roll this cigar?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mottled appearance is one thing but Greenish spots like this aren't water spots. Water spots are usually a whiter color.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Hopduro Here's what that dark stick's sweet "3" label looked like before I slid her out of it.

Boy, this thing. I think the last great commercial CT Shade I smoked was probably the Undercrown Shade. This was way better. This was so good. Kills me that this is a rare small limited stash of FX Smith CT. Ain't the prettiest nor the creamiest, but its light fruit goes awesome with this blend.

Notes: The body was heavier than with the Arapriaca. This started mild but rich, then went medium, then went strong. I don't want that. I want it to hit the floor at medium and stay there, or possibly taper to mild near the end. So; next batch I'm going to flip the viso and lay it in "upside-down" to see if that gets me where I want to go.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Hopduro Here's what that dark stick's sweet "3" label looked like before I slid her out of it.

Boy, this thing. I think the last great commercial CT Shade I smoked was probably the Undercrown Shade. This was way better. This was so good. Kills me that this is a rare small limited stash of FX Smith CT. Ain't the prettiest nor the creamiest, but its light fruit goes awesome with this blend.

Notes: The body was heavier than with the Arapriaca. This started mild but rich, then went medium, then went strong. I don't want that. I want it to hit the floor at medium and stay there, or possibly taper to mild near the end. So; next batch I'm going to flip the viso and lay it in "upside-down" to see if that gets me where I want to go.

I just had a padron 1926 and it made me realize how far off my blends are. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk