What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like a great first stick to me, keep it up
No shame in that. Nice work.
BRAVOOOOOOOOO!!!! You are well on your way! Keep rolling... truth is you were hooked long before... now you are captive :p Welcome to the roll world!
Thank you guys/gals. Coming from this group and the quality rolls I've seen in the past 160+ pages, that makes me feel better. My buddy was watching last night. When I was done he said "Holy sh*t dude, I didn't have high expectations when you started but I gotta be honest....that turned out ok!" Ha! :LOL:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well....don't ask me how long it took to do and don't ask for a picture of my cap:yuck:. My first time rolling one ever, 2 hours ago! I think I'm hooked already.
That's way better than my first roll. Be proud of that stick. Try like hell to save some of your early rolls to compare against where you develop along the way, especially when you need a little extra motivation. Hand rolling is a unique talent that few take the time to learn and hone. If you have the passion (and you must, you're here with us) you can let that talent take you places if you are willing to put in the work. A few years ago I was right in your chair, now I have people approaching me for my cigars wanting to buy them faster than I have time to roll them and I get paid to do live rolling events. You don't have to take it to my extreme, I have a high level of passion for blending and rolling. Most important thing is to enjoy the roll. If it isn't bringing you pleasure, reevaluate what you are doing.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That's way better than my first roll. Be proud of that stick. Try like hell to save some of your early rolls to compare against where you develop along the way, especially when you need a little extra motivation. Hand rolling is a unique talent that few take the time to learn and hone. If you have the passion (and you must, you're here with us) you can let that talent take you places if you are willing to put in the work. A few years ago I was right in your chair, now I have people approaching me for my cigars wanting to buy them faster than I have time to roll them and I get paid to do live rolling events. You don't have to take it to my extreme, I have a high level of passion for blending and rolling. Most important thing is to enjoy the roll. If it isn't bringing you pleasure, reevaluate what you are doing.
Saving one will be easier said than done! I'm pretty sure there's absolutely nobody in my area that does this so that opportunity is definitely something to think about. I rolled another one last night, cap was about 2% better than the first roll but I think it needed more filler. It could have used another 1/2 or even a full leaf. I definitely need to work on binder prep. It feels like there's such a fine line between crumbly and easy to tear. The adventure continues!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The one available on LO. Heard good things about WLT Nic Habano fillers. What are your thoughts in comparison of both?
I'm about 3 years out of touch on the LO versions. Been using the WLT in most blends for two years, and now winding that down and movin' on. Didn't get any Nic filler in the last LO order, but got the Nic binder, and will take it from there. Seem to be a habano binder. So much of their stuff seems to be shade-grown habano that it makes you wonder how much of it is really basically the same shit, doesn't it?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Next brave try is shaggy foot. Smoked them accompanied by some friends' great Cubans.
The fatty:
0.5 Ecu Seco Wrapper
1 Columbia Binder
2 Honduran Seco
1 Nic Viso
1 NIc Ligero
The shaggy foot shared similar leaf components but has 1 Honduran Seco less.

View attachment 106929
View attachment 106930
View attachment 106931
View attachment 106932
Looking great! I leave the foot shaggy 99.9% of the time. One thing I learned the hard way with those shaggy feet, sometimes while lighting it up, a piece of glowing red cherry will fall and can melt a decent size hole in a car seat.
If that happens, I found the fastest way to stop the hole from continuing to grow is to lick you finger and stick it in the hole to put the cherry out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
... uh, wrong forum, dude.

But, serously,
  1. cut that shag shorter it will still light easy, and
  2. leather seats
Noooooooooo... the shag looks great... plus that's good tobacco you'd be snipping... just start the wrapper deeper into the foot... you know... show a lil less leg ;) in this case since it's already wrapped... add a two inch contrasting wrapper and strap it at the foot immediately above the shag of the binder... everything outside that is beautiful! :) IMHO xoxo P.S... if you are concerned about the foot form since it is dried in disproportioned size to the remainder of the body... wet your finger tip and dab the binder around the ring... put a damp paper towel around it for 15 min... the pliability will return and you can proceed to strap it firmly guiding it back into the body shape as you go round. :)

Last edited: