What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks and sounds very good! What was the ring guage on that? Always been worried to roll my straight ligero blend in a large ring format for combustion but it looks like that isn't an issue.
The size is 52 * 6. I worried the same as you know.

But not everything turns out to be like general knowledge we knew. For example, Ligero are STRONG. But what I got lately is only Ligero being FLAVORFUL rather than being overwhelming. Same story applies to the burn.

And I guess it is wrapper and binder more affect the burn. Imagine, when you use many good burner seco/viso but bind/wrap them in a less burning wrapper, isn't it more likely to tunnel? The Mata Fina is oily and thin, so it carries the burn all the way and produce a lot smoke output. That is to say, in a sense, the right combination of leaves' burning quality matters more than a single kind of leaf's burning quality.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The size is 52 * 6. I worried the same as you know.

But not everything turns out to be like general knowledge we knew. For example, Ligero are STRONG. But what I got lately is only Ligero being FLAVORFUL rather than being overwhelming. Same story applies to the burn.

And I guess it is wrapper and binder more affect the burn. Imagine, when you use many good burner seco/viso but bind/wrap them in a less burning wrapper, isn't it more likely to tunnel? The Mata Fina is oily and thin, so it carries the burn all the way and produce a lot smoke output. That is to say, in a sense, the right combination of leaves' burning quality matters more than a single kind of leaf's burning quality.
And bingo was his name-o

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo

u are doing so well.
Seriously. I was a few years in and had to get lessons from a Cuban dude to get to that level.
Thank you old dudes!

One thing I have been confused for a long time is, is it because Americans do not easily get CCs that makes you fancy anything about Cuba?

From both my smoking and rolling experience, CCs always remind me of plugged draw and shitty burn. The Habanos SA rolls slower and does little quality control... Why wouldn't we lean more to NCs' rolling techniques?

What's more, for some concepts like Entubado, is it always true or just circular erroneous rumor? If entubado is the supreme method, why Habanos produces so many plugged rubbish? If CCs are famous for employing this more time-consuming method, why a CC I dissected recently isn't found entubado tubes in there?

Forgive my aggressive questions... Never meant to offend.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thank you old dudes!

One thing I have been confused for a long time is, is it because Americans do not easily get CCs that makes you fancy anything about Cuba?

From both my smoking and rolling experience, CCs always remind me of plugged draw and shitty burn. The Habanos SA rolls slower and does little quality control... Why wouldn't we lean more to NCs' rolling techniques?

What's more, for some concepts like Entubado, is it always true or just circular erroneous rumor? If entubado is the supreme method, why Habanos produces so many plugged rubbish? If CCs are famous for employing this more time-consuming method, why a CC I dissected recently isn't found entubado tubes in there?

Forgive my aggressive questions... Never meant to offend.
The Cuban I learned from actually taught me the accordion bunching method. He has over 55 years of rolling experience so he uses the old traditional methods. I think Cuban tobacco is superior but agree that their quality control is lacking compared to non Cuban counterparts. I do take pride in what I do so I'm always trying to make sure what I roll is flawless. I will never reach perfection, but I won't stop trying.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Cuban I learned from actually taught me the accordion bunching method. He has over 55 years of rolling experience so he uses the old traditional methods. I think Cuban tobacco is superior but agree that their quality control is lacking compared to non Cuban counterparts. I do take pride in what I do so I'm always trying to make sure what I roll is flawless. I will never reach perfection, but I won't stop trying.
I used entubado and semi-entubado lately, largely depending on the leaves I work with. Sometimes prefer semi-entubado actually.

In any sense, I agree with you that final quality of a finished stick says everything.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7BB5A456-A5CC-404B-A143-BEA58BCD8DF6.jpeg
A coworker of mine, and mentor, is retiring. He asked me to do his retirement ceremony, which is an honor, but I wanted to send him off with something personal. So for the past 2 months I have been rolling cigars to fill this container, and I have finally finished! Now I just need to put the prettiest sticks on top ;-)

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I always have problem attaching last round cap neatly and tightly to the head, especially when the wrapper is not a thin type...

I cut it to the suitable size, I use glue to flat it after it’s applied, but still not always tight...

Any tips, master cappers?
View attachment 109962
Smaller circle :)
seriously, my larger rg cigars look nicer because the cap actually fits the size better

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I always have problem attaching last round cap neatly and tightly to the head, especially when the wrapper is not a thin type...

I cut it to the suitable size, I use glue to flat it after it’s applied, but still not always tight...

Any tips, master cappers?
View attachment 109962
Are you aware that the caps have to be stretched into their final size once they are laid onto the head? They aren't just laid on top as-is. The glue helps soften them up as you go around stretching down the edges with your fingertips on opposite sides and melding the edge into the body. If you already knew this: nevermind. ;)

Last edited: