What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wonderful warm weather yesterday. When I returned from handball, I settled on the porch with a history book, a mug of kimbucha, and this Uppowoc Mataloto rolled in November of 2016. My favorite blend -- Brazilian Mata Fina, Dominican Piloto Cubano, bound and wrapped in shade grown Ecuadorian Habano seco. So mellowed by time that Bearswatter came out to sit on the porch with me & kept remarking "that doesn't stink at all," which is as superlative as she can get about any cigar. Didn't get far with the book. Listened instead to her chatter about grandchildren and great grandchildren and church friends and the neighbors and the Bichon and... all sorts of people I don't even know. Muted reiki music in the background. Dogs talking over the fences. Birds at the feeders.

A very pleasant evening.
Sounds like a very contemplative evening enhanced by the cigar. Perfect.

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Bunched a few lances last night. Digging these much more than the pre-blended kits. It's got a semi-sweet breakfast cereal taste with some faint chocolate notes and serious spice at the back of the mouth that keeps it interesting.

F: LO Dom olor Seco & ligero B: Ecuadorian Seco

How would you blending wizards add a little sweetness and creaminess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Bunched a few lances last night. Digging these much more than the pre-blended kits. It's got a semi-sweet breakfast cereal taste with some faint chocolate notes and serious spice at the back of the mouth that keeps it interesting.

What's your wrapper?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

I would add some Mata Fina for sweetness and for creaminess a ct shade wrapper is your best bet, but you can get creaminess with a little bit of corojo as well

Opforty

B&M Bomber
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I would add some Mata Fina for sweetness and for creaminess a ct shade wrapper is your best bet, but you can get creaminess with a little bit of corojo as well
Thanks obi-wan. I'll have to add those on the next order. Guess I'll bunch some more and throw some mata fina wrappers on there, maybe that will get me halfway there...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Where is it that you are sourcing the leaf? Not gunna lie those look great!
@webmost is our resident hookup for those wrappers. The shade is not a user friendly leaf, imo. Very delicate and tears easily, but a gentle touch and paying attention will go a long way. That broadleaf can damn near wrap itself if you give it a decent pre-stretch.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@webmost is our resident hookup for those wrappers. The shade is not a user friendly leaf, imo. Very delicate and tears easily, but a gentle touch and paying attention will go a long way. That broadleaf can damn near wrap itself if you give it a decent pre-stretch.
It's so hard not to tear that Shade at the head if you try any tricky moves. You get real good at re-attaching shit and carrying on.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Well, this sample was still a bit too damp to give a legitimate fair shake. Molded these in plastic, wood molds really do suck a ton more moisture out. I am pretty sure that the nica binder and FX Smith broadleaf are going to be winners though. Will revisit in a week

Love the Artwork on the band, if the Cigar is a good as the Art, you have a winner.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This thing is kinda the pinnacle of this hobby for me so far. 6.5 x 42-60 single-cap monsterpedo. Rolled it on a lark this evening after wrapping up a regular bunching sesh because I still had a wrapper in the bag and the gf wasn't home yet. Went outside, lit it up, and it was spectacular. I've rolled a few cigars before but I was still like, "I can't believe I can take a pile of leaves and turn'em into this thing."