What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I get a bit of a tight rubbery feel to my hands... like they have rubble gloves on them... I woke up in the morning and my eyes and tongue felt tight like rubber lol that was after rolling with it for 8hrs. :borg:
I wish I had the time to roll for 8 hours a day... I average about 2, the day job and family keep me busy. I find that interesting

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Eight robustos (smoked the other two) wrapped in various Larry leaf. The three darkest are wrapped in his CBL; the outer two are in sungrown (I think) CT Shade; and the three caramel-toned ones (in real life this stuff looks like Cuban wrapper) are in his Corojo99. None of these are sold as wrapper; all as filler. You have to know how to case a leaf to get these things into a wrap-able state. The CBL, for example, arrives as dry crusty sticks crammed together into a hard brick, just as did the Havana901 used to bind all of these. It's all part of the fun.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
You rewrapped them already?

Lmk how they smoke. I had one a few weeks ago and it was super good
Hell yeah! That wrapper needs to dry. Still one left to wrap... need to pick a wrapper

Edit: maybe a CT wrapper... but I've never used one, suggestions guys?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Well I've been busy thanks to Dom! Some fun blend tests that I'll outline below:

All of these follow the classic Brazilian villain blend: 2:2:1 MF(duh):Dom seco (in this case LO piloto):Nicaraguan ligero (criollo from WLT). Normally i bind and wrap with Ecuador habano.

Now the changes: left torpedoes have jalapa ligero instead of criollo, hopefully I'll see a change in the spice profile. The middle hermoso no. 4s (and one 54 rg shotgun slug, opps!) have the T13 instead of ligero (2 leaves, they are very thin surprisingly), hopefully these will be mild beauties. If that is the case, I'd love to tack on a CT wrapper, once again looking for opinions. The rightmost 48 rg half coronas are simply with Nicaraguan binder to see what happens!

In the drying box is a rosado wrapper test torpedo... I'll show that later. This wrapper is a beautiful color, but it seems a bit thick and actually a little tricky to work with since it doesn't have a lot of stretch. I'll reevaluate when it dries.

@Dominican56 any of these sound tasty to you? I'll still need to get you back!

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Well I've been busy thanks to Dom! Some fun blend tests that I'll outline below:

All of these follow the classic Brazilian villain blend: 2:2:1 MF(duh):Dom seco (in this case LO piloto):Nicaraguan ligero (criollo from WLT). Normally i bind and wrap with Ecuador habano.

Now the changes: left torpedoes have jalapa ligero instead of criollo, hopefully I'll see a change in the spice profile. The middle hermoso no. 4s (and one 54 rg shotgun slug, opps!) have the T13 instead of ligero (2 leaves, they are very thin surprisingly), hopefully these will be mild beauties. If that is the case, I'd love to tack on a CT wrapper, once again looking for opinions. The rightmost 48 rg half coronas are simply with Nicaraguan binder to see what happens!

In the drying box is a rosado wrapper test torpedo... I'll show that later. This wrapper is a beautiful color, but it seems a bit thick and actually a little tricky to work with since it doesn't have a lot of stretch. I'll reevaluate when it dries.

@Dominican56 any of these sound tasty to you? I'll still need to get you back!

Some great looking sticks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks guys!

Hey @blisscigarco, 1. You still gaming? I miss those chicken dinners! 2. How's the larry's corojo wrapper, flavor wise?

Just nabbed Duo and Solo dinners within the last day or two; and I just rolled those mofos yesterday, homie. That leaf is sticky and needs at least a week na mean.....

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
PC Player!

Dom has current dibs with his amazing gift of leaf!

In this vid I nab a Solo. I'm the guy breaking cover from the house because Rockboy was in the final circle and I wasn't, but somehow I nail him on the run:

And this is a Duo win, me and ChrisKirkman, last week:

Yes, it IS cigar-related.

BabyMetal808 (PC)

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Just nabbed Duo and Solo dinners within the last day or two; and I just rolled those mofos yesterday, homie. That leaf is sticky and needs at least a week na mean.....
Damn we'll have to play soon!

Let me know what you think, i still like the Ec. Viso, but i think there is variance in the thickness/stretch within the same pound

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
In this vid I nab a Solo. I'm the guy breaking cover from the house because Rockboy was in the final circle and I wasn't, but somehow I nail him on the run:

And this is a Duo win, me and ChrisKirkman, last week:

Yes, it IS cigar-related.

BabyMetal808 (PC)
That guy relied wayyyy too much on his M24, it's not strong enough anymore at end game/close range. Good kill!

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
This is a sexy blend!!

I had done this one before but it was wrapped in Ec Shade and the flavors were good but it was missing something. So I felt that a Maduro wrapper would round it out and help the flavors marry as well as add some sweetness.

I was right! Sweet, smooth, with a little spice, leather, coffee and i one point i tasted vanilla! I wanna roll a bunch of them and let them age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk