What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
That must be a light-ass keg. By your description (loose and oblong) I'd gander it's more of a bunch size/quality issue than a mold pressure issue. Both those things might come from an over-stuffed slot (too big and/or poorly squeezed bunch).
My rig (that's two full molds, stacked, under two 10-lb weights). I get very firm sticks with a medium-firm draw from this:
Figured it out, loose bunches due to under cased binder. Little extra water to stretch it over the "body" does wonders

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
less then an hour old. criollo, piloto, nic, flojo, corojo inside criollo 98 .. wow. I sure do hope Don comes through on some criollo wrapper again.

The Nica criollo seco from LO has been working very well for me as wrapper. It's filler, but I would say I can use at least 1/4 of what I get for wrapper. Looks and tastes really good. Worth a shot in my opinion for the low cost

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Bunched these up last night and got them wrapped today. Used willys Nica criollo viso, Ecuadorian binder, and H2K wrapper on these. Also used WLT corojo seco and Jorge's ligero. 1 leaf of each filler so this one should be pretty intense, especially the 8" ones.
View attachment 81284
You're insane

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done mate, miles better than my 1st roll, mine was loose but I was really happy with it. Even though it may not look like a commercial one, its yours, you made it and next time you will make it better.
That is something you can't get from buying ready made stuff.
My motto is bodged not bought!