What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. It’s just when you feel it though. You can feel the indentations where it could have used a bit more tobacco and the head of them just don’t feel full enough.
I'm often in the same boat with the heads. As you critique your work, like you are doing now, you will adjust and improve . While bunching, do you feel for bumps or loose/void area before binding? Then do you adjust to fill those gaps?
Welcome to the obsession of rolling your own!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm often in the same boat with the heads. As you critique your work, like you are doing now, you will adjust and improve . While bunching, do you feel for bumps or loose/void area before binding? Then do you adjust to fill those gaps?
Welcome to the obsession of rolling your own!
I don’t while the bunch is in my hand. I often can’t feel them until it’s wrapped. And the head gets even softer when I fire the cigar up and as I smoke it down a little.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man!! All of y’all bunch and roll sooo well. Can’t wait to get better!! It’s still hard to bunch without little bits of unevenness in mine. It’s hard to detect until it’s already wrapped and too late. The head of my cigars are also kind of under filled and soft as well... sigh.....
Those are beautiful! I wish mine looked that good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ten new test blends, seven leaves each, most of which is various dank ligeros. At 52 and 54 gauge and 90RH locally, I'm actually going to give these guys a couple days' rest before I torch'em.
Nice!! Beautiful sticks!! I would like your input. How do you go about maintaining firmness in the head of your sticks?? Have you ever had issues with soft/underfilled heads?? Thanks in advance.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice!! Beautiful sticks!! I would like your input. How do you go about maintaining firmness in the head of your sticks?? Have you ever had issues with soft/underfilled heads?? Thanks in advance.
Thanks. I add/subtract leaf to the bunch until it's even along the usable length. If it's not right during the binder application then I add as I go, unbinding and adding/subtracting and rebinding as needed. This is a natural part of creating a bunch. If you suspect that it's not right, then it ain't. Stop. Go back. Fix it. That's how you'll develop the touch/feel required to make bunches.

If you're typically ending up with soft heads then it seems you would want to add what seems like excessive leaf to the head end until you get a better feel for what's needed down there.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I add/subtract leaf to the bunch until it's even along the usable length. If it's not right during the binder application then I add as I go, unbinding and adding/subtracting and rebinding as needed. This is a natural part of creating a bunch. If you suspect that it's not right, then it ain't. Stop. Go back. Fix it. That's how you'll develop the touch/feel required to make bunches.

If you're typically ending up with soft heads then it seems you would want to add what seems like excessive leaf to the head end until you get a better feel for what's needed down there.
Thank you!! I really appreciate the insight!!