What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Man!! All of y’all bunch and roll sooo well. Can’t wait to get better!! It’s still hard to bunch without little bits of unevenness in mine. It’s hard to detect until it’s already wrapped and too late. The head of my cigars are also kind of under filled and soft as well... sigh.....

Good morning my fellow MOTL... visually I'm not able to detect your struggle... they look great. But addressing only what you state, I'd say two things...1. it's never too late... unroll that mafukka, reset and reroll... If it crumbles when you unwrap then your leaf is too dry to begin with... rehydrate to playable... sometimes uneveness comes from your filles outter edges not being laid smooth... if there are any outside edges that have crusrty or tightly formed/clumpled areas on them... those areas will create prominent pockets in your final look. Always make sure the outside edge leaves all lay primarily flat... especially if you dont use a cigar mold. 2. Always keep "head fill" available on your table as part of blends that tend to start their bunch in as frayed or light ... head fill should be small 1/2inch to 1 inch pieces of one leaf of choosing from the blend... you insert it just before you're ready to roll the bunch. Many MOTL choose instead to break off the tips of the frog legs and reincert them as head filler... not something I recommend. Put as many pieces of quality head fill as is needed ... usually not more than two are needed... that will fill your head without having to insert potentially bitter frog tips. I typically select my richer leaf to produce a nice full finish. Hope this helps some.:kiss::cigar:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning my fellow MOTL... visually I'm not able to detect your struggle... they look great. But addressing only what you state, I'd say two things...1. it's never too late... unroll that mafukka, reset and reroll... If it crumbles when you unwrap then your leaf is too dry to begin with... rehydrate to playable... sometimes uneveness comes from your filles outter edges not being laid smooth... if there are any outside edges that have crusrty or tightly formed/clumpled areas on them... those areas will create prominent pockets in your final look. Always make sure the outside edge leaves all lay primarily flat... especially if you dont use a cigar mold. 2. Always keep "head fill" available on your table as part of blends that tend to start their bunch in as frayed or light ... head fill should be small 1/2inch to 1 inch pieces of one leaf of choosing from the blend... you insert it just before you're ready to roll the bunch. Many MOTL choose instead to break off the tips of the frog legs and reincert them as head filler... not something I recommend. Put as many pieces of quality head fill as is needed ... usually not more than two are needed... that will fill your head without having to insert potentially bitter frog tips. I typically select my richer leaf to produce a nice full finish. Hope this helps some.:kiss::cigar:
hell yeah it helped!! Thanks much!! The playability factor for straightening out wrinkled edges is definitely one to consider . Do you do prep all your leaf as soon as you receive it or only when you select leaf you’ll want to use around the time you want to make a particular blend??

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
These are going to live over here too. Top 3 pics are all BV with different wrappers. Bottom one is something new ;)

Crazy the different shades of Ecuador habano viso! Looks very maduro

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Sweet barber poles dude!!

I'm just over here rolling more club sticks