What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Sweet, thanks.
Lord, talk about changing it up. I've retired the Excel spreadsheet. If I'm gonna fill a mold, I grab the right amount of seco from 5 different bags and shuffle that pile. I repeat with other primings. Then I pull leaves from the piles, not knowing for sure what they are, in whatever ratio I'm feeling, bunch by bunch, (could be 2 secos, could be 3 ligeros, could be all viso, w/e), and do it. Ten different mysto blends every time.
I don't even recognize you anymore :unsure:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't even recognize you anymore :unsure:
The thing is, I still roll pretty cigars. :vomit: Actually, the thing is that at this point I know what all these leaves bring to the mix and even when I shuffle'em I still know what they are. And my whole inventory is whittled down to leaves I know are good. Also there's usually some thematic direction: e.g. sometimes the ligeros may be all Nicaraguan, sometimes all Dominican, sometimes mixed.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
The thing is, I still roll pretty cigars. :vomit: Actually, the thing is that at this point I know what all these leaves bring to the mix and even when I shuffle'em I still know what they are. And my whole inventory is whittled down to leaves I know are good. Also there's usually some thematic direction: e.g. sometimes the ligeros may be all Nicaraguan, sometimes all Dominican, sometimes mixed.
Yeah I guess you smoke them immediately whereas mine accidentally age for a year

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Blend testing last night. This was a real winner.
Brazil cubra seco, criollo viso, t13 viso, corojo ligero, nica binder, and corojo oscuro wrapper. Super complex flavors, layers, balanced, hits everything I want in a cigar. Going to name this blend Kamikaze because it is just a crazy flavor explosion
Love where you took this! :kiss::cigar:

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've retired the Excel spreadsheet. If I'm gonna fill a mold, I grab the right amount of seco from 5 different bags and shuffle that pile. I repeat with other primings. Then I pull leaves from the piles, not knowing for sure what they are, in whatever ratio I'm feeling, bunch by bunch, (could be 2 secos, could be 3 ligeros, could be all viso, w/e), and do it. Ten different mysto blends every time.
I am doing exactly the same thing. I mostly just grab whatever seco, viso, and ligero I touch first and roll. I haven't recorded a blend in over a year, and I doubt I will any time in the future.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am doing exactly the same thing. I mostly just grab whatever seco, viso, and ligero I touch first and roll. I haven't recorded a blend in over a year, and I doubt I will any time in the future.
So you guys are not paying attention to the blend. Why is that? Is it because you like everything regardless of the blend or is it that there is not much difference between the blends as long as you like the leaf types you have on hand.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stretch the leaf! So I've been prepping my wrapper since early this morning. It makes quite the difference. Made a bunch too big for the mold so after a few minutes in there I pulled it and wrapped.

There is still some vein squiggling but much less and probably would be less if I slowed my wrapping down. When the rest are ready today I will take my time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stretch the leaf! So I've been prepping my wrapper since early this morning. It makes quite the difference. Made a bunch too big for the mold so after a few minutes in there I pulled it and wrapped.

There is still some vein squiggling but much less and probably would be less if I slowed my wrapping down. When the rest are ready today I will take my time.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
When the leaf is in the proper case they rolling your cap cutter over the veins. Should take care of that no problem. Stretching the leaf will take care of the test

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So you guys are not paying attention to the blend. Why is that? Is it because you like everything regardless of the blend or is it that there is not much difference between the blends as long as you like the leaf types you have on hand.
Yeah, that stuff, plus. The idea is to find leaf that's good, and remove the leaf that sucks, and there's your inventory from which you can do whatever you want. If I found some master blend, I'd be like, okay, done that. Now what's next? Just no point/need to create meticulous paperwork after you've figured out which leaves work for you and which should be avoided.