What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Given the rustic texture and rusty color of this Rosado wrapper, I was persuaded to whack the heads off these coronas and call the shape Uppowoc Steampunks.

Equal parts Piloto seco and Rene seco, bound in Dominican seco, wrapped with a Nic Rosado. Actually smells darn good. Smokes OK, but I hope they mellow with aging.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Given the rustic texture and rusty color of this Rosado wrapper, I was persuaded to whack the heads off these coronas and call the shape Uppowoc Steampunks.

Equal parts Piloto seco and Rene seco, bound in Dominican seco, wrapped with a Nic Rosado. Actually smells darn good. Smokes OK, but I hope they mellow with aging.
I never came up with anything remotely smoke-able with that wrapper, over a span of two pounds and three years. Just one of those bad-tasting things that kills what it gets near, in my experience. Wishing you the opposite luck of mine.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I never came up with anything remotely smoke-able with that wrapper, over a span of two pounds and three years. Just one of those bad-tasting things that kills what it gets near, in my experience. Wishing you the opposite luck of mine.
If you’re talking the WLT Rosado I came up with one I enjoyed a ton and friends have as well:
1 piloto cubano ligero, ½ esteli ligero, 1 t13 viso, 1 cubra seco, nica binder

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I'm still monkeying with the blend

Tried a Honduran Cuban Seed for the binder this morning... but that leaf is too weak to bind

May try the Indonesian wrapper to bind ... also very weak, but easy to double layer ... dunno why I think that may be a flavor fit ... doesn't blend with much

Have a rad new band prepared

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You got the color right, Bliss. My pic paled out the rusty wrapper, for some reason. Not much of a photographer, I spose.

Think I got the blend right. Indonesian binder did the trick. Mellowed out the whole interplay. Course, the Indo starts out as wrapper about as thin as onion skin. So I lay noth sides of a leaf over one another, then fold them longitudinally. So you essentially have four layers. Only way to get strength. Still burns fine, cause onion skin thin per layer. But the Indo does something for the Rosado. So it's equal parts piloto and rene seco, quadruple-bound by Indo wrapper, wrapped in Nic rosado.

Also seems to smooth the texture, by making a super smooth binder for the Rosado to lay on.