What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking back at joeheadjoe's last cigar pic I noticed the white specs in the ash so I looked at the wrapper more carefully and saw the nice little teeth. I love a toothy wrapper. The super smooth ones don't give me the tactile sensation that I prefer.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Two seem to appear drastically different, were those "instant potted"? Two others seem subtly different...
What's the scoop?
There's 3 diff wrappers here: corojo oscuro (3 of the first 4), ec Maduro (next 2), and ec CT shade (#3 and last 2).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rolled a few yesterday, Easter Sunday. You can see the blend codes on the back of the labels. These are blend tests for this vitola.

A couple more shots from this roll :
Beautiful rolls you got there, how do they taste? Ever tried to roll a box press figurado like the oliva melanio V's

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Beautiful rolls you got there, how do they taste? Ever tried to roll a box press figurado like the oliva melanio V's
Thanks. Well, those were nearly four years and thousands of sticks ago and I don't remember how they tasted. That was a lot of different blends so I reckon some were great, some good and some less good.

While I have rolled things along the general lines of that Oliva, I've never attempted to box press it afterward. I've only ever box pressed petit coronas.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have box pressed some of my rolls and it has worked well.
After the binder is applied I put the sticks on the table (one stick or a few side-by-side) and put a stick of wood on each side and put a big C-clamp on it to provide pressure and squeeze them to flatten the sides. Then I take a flat board and put it on top with a weight. This squeezes the top and bottom to flatten them. After 30 minutes or more I'll apply the wrapper and put them back into the press.
It's worked quite well for me. It doesn't require that you roll to an exact size. If you do it to a few at a time then they need to be similar in size so the top and bottom will flatten evenly.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First candidate for the Kgar corona blend:

Equal amounts of Piloto Seco and Rene seco, with a Dominican binder and a Nicaraguan Rosado wrapper.

The Rosado has a rather rough texture. But the color is nice, and the flavor just right. This blend is aromatic, and starts sweet, then morphs bitter near the head. Prolly could profit by some age.

Looks like I had a bit of baccy lint on this one.

Limbering up some Dom binder now, so's I can pack a tenner into the mold.