What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I’m still working on a few lengthy post feeds here at BOTL. However, I wanted to share some of my recent work. I was a little afraid to post on WTT due to having leaf from both of the main companies in the blends. Every day and bits and pieces of intervals of time, gets it done! Slow, steady, patient and always room for improvement. Any feedback from the home roll masters is always appreciated! (I guess I can only upload 1 pic at a time)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
More work cont…
These look eerily like my first rolls. I’m not sure what your wrapper prep is like, but if you can make sure you give the wrapper a good amount of time to absorb moisture to come to case, it will have a “stronger” stretch that will result in a smoother finish. I tended to rush test blends and focus on aesthetics after I get a blend dialed in. Some of my ugliest sticks have been the most enjoyable

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look eerily like my first rolls. I’m not sure what your wrapper prep is like, but if you can make sure you give the wrapper a good amount of time to absorb moisture to come to case, it will have a “stronger” stretch that will result in a smoother finish. I tended to rush test blends and focus on aesthetics after I get a blend dialed in. Some of my ugliest sticks have been the most enjoyable
Lol! The packs on the right I wrapped scrap LO BL wrapper around some nicer wrapped sticks, kind of like the Leaf by Oscar… however mine looks like a mangled mess. I saw a post that I think [mention]webmost [/mention] did at some point that did something similar. Haven’t tried yet, so time will tell!

I may try to tackle my first attempt at a barber pole this weekend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last one for now. Most of my round caps and torpedos are varied lengths but 52 rng. Typically 4-5 filler leaves per, which eats up a good amount of filler. Outside of that, paper strip molding some as well. Just waiting to fire up the 3D printer from my house move a couple months ago to work on some other molds.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Last one for now. Most of my round caps and torpedos are varied lengths but 52 rng. Typically 4-5 filler leaves per, which eats up a good amount of filler. Outside of that, paper strip molding some as well. Just waiting to fire up the 3D printer from my house move a couple months ago to work on some other molds.

I had to look that up.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Lol! The packs on the right I wrapped scrap LO BL wrapper around some nicer wrapped sticks, kind of like the Leaf by Oscar… however mine looks like a mangled mess. I saw a post that I think [mention]webmost [/mention] did at some point that did something similar. Haven’t tried yet, so time will tell!

I may try to tackle my first attempt at a barber pole this weekend.
Do it!! Barber poles are my favorite. You only need about a 2” strip of each wrapper. Try to use wrappers that have a similar stretch and you will have an easier time

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it!! Barber poles are my favorite. You only need about a 2” strip of each wrapper. Try to use wrappers that have a similar stretch and you will have an easier time
I was thinking LO Candela w/ either:
WLT Brazil CT 2013
LO Nicaraguan CT
WLT USA CT Shade 2006

I’m also casing up some (but think these may be harder or taste as a barber pole):

LO Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper
WLT Sumatra binder/wrapper

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I was thinking LO Candela w/ either:
WLT Brazil CT 2013
LO Nicaraguan CT
WLT USA CT Shade 2006

I’m also casing up some (but think these may be harder or taste as a barber pole):

LO Connecticut Broadleaf Wrapper
WLT Sumatra binder/wrapper
I really like CT broadleaf with Candela but they stretch very different. My first pick of those would be the Nica CT with the Candela but I’m a big fan of nica leaf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like CT broadleaf with Candela but they stretch very different. My first pick of those would be the Nica CT with the Candela but I’m a big fan of nica leaf
I was thinking the Nica CT as well. Seems to be the most similar in leaf stretch/ consistency as to the Candela. Will post pics once completed. Have about 32 sticks to wrap up from over the past week. Have the wrappers casing up and may tackle some tonight, but will most likely keep leaf prepping and wrap up tomorrow or Sunday. Attempting to have them all wrapped before Monday. Monday is a work trip to MI for the week and would love to get them all in the “dry box” during the week.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
,,check this technique.

The idea with the steal is we're pre-stretching the leaf when it's fragile. In this case we have two densities. The leaf is cased, the board gets wiped wet and the leaf gets stretched and stuck to the board, then trimmed.
Thanks [mention]Marc L [/mention] ! I’ll scope that out before attempting. Love the info!