What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, no serial numbers here.

IIRC, Don said he scored a batch of one-off molds where some big cigar manufacturer (I forget which) was experimenting with new shapes & never settled on these. Something along that line.

Salamones are elegant, but silly huge. You're overcome that here by only going halfway along. Makes sense. But why halfway backwards?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just gonna squeeze this in here if you rollers don't mind. No sense adding another open thread for what might be a one time experiment. Gonna try my hand at making a Krumble Kake for my pipe smoking. We'll see how it goes!
2 oz lanes 1q
4 oz Haunted bookshop
A misting of water to hopefully bind it
A week of pressing

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I find Stokkebye makes great tobaccos to use for blending and have had lots of fun with that. I did create a Virginia/oriental blend from whole leaf from WLT a long while back and that was a rewarding and tasty experiment

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigar #47 I rolled. Not sure what is in it. Will pull up blend notes if it turns out good. So far 1 note. Paired with some coffee porter I picked up at Moon River Brewery in Savannah, GA this past week! End of vacation and about to toss some food on the grill. Enjoy all!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey FrostD, I forgot to post a pic of your gar which I smoked the other day. Here it is:
View attachment 163126

Nice draw. Lotsa smoke. More coffee flavor than I prefer. But a good job. Not a nubber; but a stubber.
Right on! I appreciate the feedback brother! Draw and construction are what I keep trying to get better at. Blend… can always be adjusted and will!

I have quite a few sticks I rolled up and put in some plastic & paper strip molds before vacation. Used a good amount of the leaf you traded over as well. Excited to wrap up this week. I’ll be posting pics along the way.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
3 quickies were set while on the phone (spritzed and bagged the fillers and binder before the call). Then bunched and bound while on the phone. Left em in the mold for a couple days...decided to wrap them yesterday.
20210726_184954.jpg

I guess this is why my production volume is low, only putting a couple minutes in at a time....

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Delicado experiments bound in WLT Olor:

I scored a batch of Olor binder last year, but it turned out way too physically weak bind anything. But I ador the olor. So I took another shot at a new batch. This stuff works well enough. Sure makes for a smooth doll. Gonna try wrapping it in olor wrapper. Fingers crossed I don't over-olor these gars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need to post recent sticks rolled up this week still… However, needed to make dinner and enjoy another tester. So far so good! Cashed the Angels Envy Rye this drink. Super good!
Outside of my wrapper unraveling a touch around the head of the cigar, the blend turned out to be one to nub at least for my tastes. Will have to roll up more to let rest.

Blend #102
Wrap date: 2/24/21

Wrapper: WLT Ecuador Los Rios
Binder: WLT Sumatra
Filler: 2/5= WLT Peru Seco
2/5= WLT T-13 Viso
1/5= WLT Peru Ligero

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice job on what looks like a difficult shape.
Delicados are not easy. I haven't rolled them much since last year. Trying to get back into it. Making them plump up in the upper middle is key.

These Olor wraps are drying down tight and shiny.
Dunno why they are so dark. Olor filler isn't dark at all.

Kinda veiny.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Delicados are not easy. I haven't rolled them much since last year. Trying to get back into it. Making them plump up in the upper middle is key.

These Olor wraps are drying down tight and shiny.
Dunno why they are so dark. Olor filler isn't dark at all.

Kinda veiny.
I've used it. Thought it was basically pretty but didn't bring anything to the flavor game.