What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

A few wrapped up over the last couple days.

W-WLT Brazil CT 2013-(If anyone has any of this wrapper and don’t want it, please PM me!)

B-LO CT 2LS

Filler-
WLT Black Ligero
WLT T-13 Viso
WLT Nicaraguan Condega 2014 Seco (Need more of this leaf too!)

52 ring gauge on left. 50 ring gauge on right side. Filler amounts are slightly different to accommodate the size & ring gauge.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Least someone is keeping busy.
Me, I haven't been rolling squat since the New Year.
Nor smoking since the weather frigidated.
Web! There he is! It’s been freezing temps here as well. Thin wrapper has been a little bit of a pain, since ambient air is so freaking dry! Can’t wait to see you rolling back up!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Every time I see your Cherry Bomb blend name I have to sing Ch ch ch ch cherry bomb! By Joan Jett. Does it really give off that cherry flavor, aroma, taste?
It used to have a hint of sweet cherries and cream kinda like a good Cuban Romeo Y Julieta. We will see if it still does in the next day or so

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Rolled 4 more so only 6 total that I have rolled so far. Bunched 2 nights ago. I tried my hand at entubado. Was a little tough but got a few good looking ones and can already tell the draw is better. Was fighting the binder as I brought it to too high a case to get to lay flat enough and was tearing trying to get a tight bunch. Need to prep my binder the night before and let it come up to a lower case. The Lonsdale sized one went into the mold for about an hour and wrapped the same night. Was just a little small for the mold. The Robusto was just about perfect and left to wrap the next day and is probably be best so far. The shortie was what was left after tearing a binder really bad. The Corona was put in a magazine cover mold and left and wrapped the next day. I’ve learned that casing the wrapper too much on the spot leads to a darker mottled wrapper. The two that I left to case and wrap the next day are much prettier.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Rolled 4 more so only 6 total that I have rolled so far. Bunched 2 nights ago. I tried my hand at entubado. Was a little tough but got a few good looking ones and can already tell the draw is better. Was fighting the binder as I brought it to too high a case to get to lay flat enough and was tearing trying to get a tight bunch. Need to prep my binder the night before and let it come up to a lower case. The Lonsdale sized one went into the mold for about an hour and wrapped the same night. Was just a little small for the mold. The Robusto was just about perfect and left to wrap the next day and is probably be best so far. The shortie was what was left after tearing a binder really bad. The Corona was put in a magazine cover mold and left and wrapped the next day. I’ve learned that casing the wrapper too much on the spot leads to a darker mottled wrapper. The two that I left to case and wrap the next day are much prettier.
View attachment 168189
View attachment 168190
Nice job. Sounds like you are paying attention to what's going on and figuring out what you need to change to improve things.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 168189
View attachment 168190
Prepping a day ahead makes a whole world of difference for sure. Once you know the leaf well you find which ones you can “rush” and what ones absolutely need more time. Casing binder and wrapper is something of an art

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I bet it will!
You Sir, were absolutely correct. The first batch had the LO Dominican binder and the flavor was good, but the binder seems to be opposed to burning. Possibly/likely just needs some more dry time as this humidity is taking some adjusting to.

Rolled 10 more cherry bombs with EC habano binder and 10 of my marshmallow blend with my dwindling stash of Jochy Blanco San Andrés over the weekend but failed to snap pics