What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I thought so, I have seen them before, almost ordered one. What are your thoughts on:
Quality?
Sharpness?
Edge retention?

Thanks.

My thoughts? I think you are missing the point, is my thoughts.

The purpose of the Deejo is to be photogenic. It's an ultra minimalist design, so I'm not gonna open beer bottles with it, the way I do with my Tidioute. Neither am I going to cut steak on a porcelain plate until I would eventually have to re-shape the blade by repeated sharpening. Being as I carry a Tidioute knife for use, I'm not banging this one round in my pocket. It's a prop when taking gar pics.

Thus, the questions you ask are appropriate for this:

But not for this:

On the other hand, if you want to ask questions about useful Deejo quality, sharpness, and edge, then wrap your mind around this:

That's the Deejo sharpener. Rather than grinding a blade edge away, it takes those two chips of tungsten and curls long micro chips off a blade at precise angles to the edge. Quick? It's like two strokes max. Literally. Work? There's the curls on your desktop two strokes later. Last? So far... used on lots of things. Cost? Twenty five bucks.

So, if you are thinking of Deejo, get the knife for looks, then throw in a sharpener for use.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Interested on how these all play together in that order. Been eying up trying to use some T-13 as binder. Such a great & versatile leaf.
Well I think I'm going to make more of these. Most of those pictured above were bunched up a few days ago, just wrapped them yesterday.
Fired one up on the way to the store and it started off sweet from the first draw. Then after a few draws it moved into kind of sweet cream.
Half way thru and its a mellow stick. The sweetness isn't as pronounced, but if I focus on it, I can still find it. The Honduran leaf is noticeable on the retrohale.
I like this blend as a morning kick off, havent eaten yet so maybe I'll call this breakfast!20220103_101233.jpg

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Wife got me a rolling kit for Christmas from Leaf Only.
This will get me started and practicing before my PABL that I grew is ready to use. Will save some to put a PABL wrapper on and see how they differ.
Rolled my first two the other day. Did this one free hand. Came out pretty good and even.
Here is the one from the mold that I bunched the other night.

Took out of the mold and draw was real tight so spritzed with some water and let it expand for a few hours before I wrapped. I think it helped the draw a little. Tried to flag with it attached to the rest of the wrapper but didn’t judge things right and didn’t leave myself enough to finish the wrap before the flag so had to ditch that flag. Made another flag and then a cap on top. I think I’ll do a separate flag next time and should turn out a little better as the wrapper near the head got twisted trying to get the attached flag to work. I also had the perfect amount of wrapper off the foot to do a closed foot. Love how that turned out. I’ve already learned a ton on these first two.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
View attachment 167819
This will get me started and practicing before my PABL that I grew is ready to use. Will save some to put a PABL wrapper on and see how they differ.
Rolled my first two the other day. Did this one free hand. Came out pretty good and even.
View attachment 167820
View attachment 167821
View attachment 167822

Took out of the mold and draw was real tight so spritzed with some water and let it expand for a few hours before I wrapped. I think it helped the draw a little. Tried to flag with it attached to the rest of the wrapper but didn’t judge things right and didn’t leave myself enough to finish the wrap before the flag so had to ditch that flag. Made another flag and then a cap on top. I think I’ll do a separate flag next time and should turn out a little better as the wrapper near the head got twisted trying to get the attached flag to work. I also had the perfect amount of wrapper off the foot to do a closed foot. Love how that turned out. I’ve already learned a ton on these first two.
Nice work.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 167819
View attachment 167820
View attachment 167821
View attachment 167822

Hot damn man. Those don’t look like first rolls at all. Excellent work

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hard to imagine rolling a long curved blade against a leaf being hard but I'll take your word for it. :happy:
When you’re used to a curve that doesn’t vary, the changing curve and how the usable edge of the blade changes took some time for me to adjust to. My mom says I’m special so that could be part of it too

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm easily influenced. Right after I watched this IG about the Trinidad Fundadores I sat down to roll something 7.5x40 like the Fundadores.

Tragically mine came out fat for some reason, measuring at 42-43RG. The bunches must have sort of "sprung" when I took them out of the mold.

Time to go outside and spark one.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm easily influenced. Right after I watched this IG about the Trinidad Fundadores I sat down to roll something 7.5x40 like the Fundadores.

Tragically mine came out fat for some reason, measuring at 42-43RG. The bunches must have sort of "sprung" when I took them out of the mold.

Time to go outside and spark one.

I too am easily influenced… looks like I’m gonna roll some long n skinnies today