What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can never get my sticks to look as good as B, but still happy with these long n skinnies. Some tried and true corojo along with the new candela. The candela is great to work with, has a ton of stretch and strength despite being super thin. Anxious to set fire to these to see how they smoke.
View attachment 167865
They look good. What's the actual filler recipe? Corojo this and Corojo that?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
They look good. What's the actual filler recipe? Corojo this and Corojo that?
Thank you man. They look good, but yours always look like masterpieces and I’m not there yet. These are all 1/2 leaf cibao valley criollo ligero, 1 t13 viso, 1 nica habano seco with ec habano binder this go around. Curious to see what a binder and rg change does to this blend

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is what remains of last year's blends. There's a note with a date in each bag, and the date corresponds to a blend description in a spreadsheet. Each batch of 4-10 sticks gets slowly smoked over the coming year, with dated notes made in the spreadsheet each time I smoke one.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I tried candela years ago & thought it too citrus. Might have been back when I was using pectin, tho. Certainly makes an attractive wrap. They tell me it was once a staple of American wrappers.
I didn’t get grassy or citrus out of it, but I have been smoking a lot more lately than I have been which may affect the tasters. It seemed like a shade wrapper with a little extra flavor to me. Definitely have some candela/corojo barber poles planned

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
For my latest rolls I changed the band design. It's one more part of the hobby/passion that I can have fun with.

View attachment 167987

View attachment 167988

Bonus points for anyone who can identify the band that I ripped off to make the design on the right,

Half points for anyone who identifies the logo on my new bands. It's easier.
Well the new band reminded me of GI Joe, but its a bit different...put together by SVT, Ford...
The second one, which is your house brand label reminded me of Perdomo but I didn't find anything there. Marc L had some bands he posted some time ago that may be...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my latest rolls I changed the band design. It's one more part of the hobby/passion that I can have fun with.

View attachment 167987

View attachment 167988

Bonus points for anyone who can identify the band that I ripped off to make the design on the right,

Half points for anyone who identifies the logo on my new bands. It's easier.
On the left, I was going to say the Shelby logo? The one on the right, Alec Bradley Prensado band?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Correct.
One is Alec Bradley but I don't know exactly which cigar as it is no longer in production.
The other is Shelby America, the logo from the 1960's. When Ford started using the Cobra name on the Mustang the logo changed to what it still is today, the full snake curled up and raising its head. I've loved the original Cobra since I was a kid and last summer I bought one (a replica of course). The most beautiful car in the world (in my opinion).