What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
The labels are aligned, but not the feet.
What's with the ice pick?
Is that a BOTL shoe horn?
Well the feet aren't aligned because like you, I let my filler dictate the cigar length. I only cut off the foot what needs to be cut to make it look good. The ice pick is actually a draw tool a guy from Canada designed called the redeemer. If the bunch is drawing too tight a quick pass with that frees things up.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well the feet aren't aligned because like you, I let my filler dictate the cigar length. I only cut off the foot what needs to be cut to make it look good. The ice pick is actually a draw tool a guy from Canada designed called the redeemer. If the bunch is drawing too tight a quick pass with that frees things up.
I've actually been working on that all along. With your perfecto mold, you are forced to make your bunches a consistent length. In fact, the biggest prob is if you let too much wander into your foot you get a plugged up foot.

Turns out that experience is valuable when making parejos. If I pay half way attention, I find I don't need to trim much off the foot of one. I've been using this little box to cut them to consistent length:

These parejos are such a snap to make now that I've spent so much time wrassling with fectos. I have determined to roll two more boxes of these Olorojos, cause I flat out love them. Should be able to shoot them out during the next pair of three day holidays... long as the dominican olor holds out. Nubbed one the other night. Real excited about having three boxes of olorojos all aged and tasting fine by next spring. I named 'em olorojo cause of the olor and corojo. But I'm thinking now about a stink eye band, cause olor = odor and ojo = eye. Love to coin words and also love a good pun. Something like this:

Whattaya think, @VeLoRoK? Could you do something with that?

Don't never grow up. Far as I have been able to observe over the course of 68 years as a thoughtful & philosophical observer, a bad joke is better than no joke at all.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've actually been working on that all along. With your perfecto mold, you are forced to make your bunches a consistent length. In fact, the biggest prob is if you let too much wander into your foot you get a plugged up foot.

Turns out that experience is valuable when making parejos. If I pay half way attention, I find I don't need to trim much off the foot of one. I've been using this little box to cut them to consistent length:

These parejos are such a snap to make now that I've spent so much time wrassling with fectos. I have determined to roll two more boxes of these Olorojos, cause I flat out love them. Should be able to shoot them out during the next pair of three day holidays... long as the dominican olor holds out. Nubbed one the other night. Real excited about having three boxes of olorojos all aged and tasting fine by next spring. I named 'em olorojo cause of the olor and corojo. But I'm thinking now about a stink eye band, cause olor = odor and ojo = eye. Love to coin words and also love a good pun. Something like this:

Whattaya think, @VeLoRoK? Could you do something with that?

Don't never grow up. Far as I have been able to observe over the course of 68 years as a thoughtful & philosophical observer, a bad joke is better than no joke at all.
Challenge accepted! You're at the back of the queue. Remind me in a couple weeks if I haven't given you a draft, my brother. Nice looking sticks, btw.

Edited for ridiculius typos thanks to stupid swipe keyboard

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Crap! I can't believe it! I've got about 40 lbs of baccer in my stash, yet I am out of corojo seco! Just went thru all the bins incredulous, bringing my inventory up to date. Nada. How did I let this happen?

Looks like I gotta score a WLT order. That's OK... I was looking for an excuse to qualify for Don's gift cert drawing.

But that leaves me hunting for a blend to roll a couple boxes of real quick this holiday. I'm thinking I'll substitute two viso and one ligero for the two seco. I spose that could qualify as stink-eye.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
2016-12-27 23.44.08.jpg Rolled 5 quickies tonight, 44RG. Equal parts Nic ligero and Nic seco filler, Dom binder. Wrappers will be Ecuador shade seco.

The newspaper sleeved 6th one is mystery materials from the last rolling session. I forgot what my leftovers were so rolled them into a mystery surprise smoke!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The ice pick is actually a draw tool a guy from Canada designed called the redeemer. If the bunch is drawing too tight a quick pass with that frees things up.
I have problems with getting a consistent draw when rolling. I was thinking of testing the draw before the wrapper goes on like they do at the factories but I didn't think it would work because the leaves are extra damp. Do you test the draw of each cigar before wrapping?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have problems with getting a consistent draw when rolling. I was thinking of testing the draw before the wrapper goes on like they do at the factories but I didn't think it would work because the leaves are extra damp. Do you test the draw of each cigar before wrapping?
Nope. I never poke em either... even tho I do like pre-punched machine mades.
Take care your filler is dry enough to crackle a bit as you bunch.
Take care you don't let the bunch twist as you bind.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If anything I think the draw opens a bit as it dries but rolling with filler too wet can definitely cause issues. I do test the draw on my smaller rg sticks, I don't bother on the 50rg sticks, if anything those draw too loose for my liking but I've just about got that consistently dialed in to avoid rolling wind tunnels

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I test draw any foot I think I might have over rolled prior to wrapper so that I can reroll it if need be...I'm heavenly handed sometimes.... it works for me only because I don't put it in a mold before wrapping so I have immediate correction time... can't really correct the draw after it sets. Happy NY!

Last edited: