What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Thin, true, but remarkably flexible, considering how thin. Adds a creaminess to anything. Burns well. Looks nice. Just don't leave them wet forever. Shoot me an addy, I'll send you a batch of CT Shade leaves to play with... all you have to do in return is get rid of this at the end of every message:

I don't know why, but tapatalk's spam sig lines are like nails on a blackboard to me.

Sent from my worthabatchofleaves using tapaspam
This seems like a fair deal I'll get on it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Reminds me of the time I took the RedHead to a Mexican restaurant, many many years ago. A strolling mariachi band began to play at our table. I asked the guitarron player would they stop playing if I gave him twenty bucks. He stuck his hand right out nice and briskly. You could tell it was not the first time he'd heard this proposition. Apparently, they make that racket fishing for bribes.

Need me some Mexican food right now. They got the best food and the worst music in the world.

Sent from my W3bM05t using klatapat

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thin, true, but remarkably flexible, considering how thin. Adds a creaminess to anything. Burns well. Looks nice. Just don't leave them wet forever. Shoot me an addy, I'll send you a batch of CT Shade leaves to play with... all you have to do in return is get rid of this at the end of every message:

I don't know why, but tapatalk's spam sig lines are like nails on a blackboard to me.

Sent from my worthabatchofleaves using tapaspam
Completely agree, for how thin CT shade is, it is very durable. A very nice leaf to work with and the veins are usually so small they are almost nonexistent. I usually find the shade wrapped sticks too light for my taste. As soon as I can free up some time I am going to test using broadleaf in my filler and wrapping with shade to see if I can work up something I enjoy more.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Completely agree, for how thin CT shade is, it is very durable. A very nice leaf to work with and the veins are usually so small they are almost nonexistent. I usually find the shade wrapped sticks too light for my taste. As soon as I can free up some time I am going to test using broadleaf in my filler and wrapping with shade to see if I can work up something I enjoy more.
I like the way that CT shade lets the filler flavor come thru. It just adds some cream is all. Flavor transparent. But if you want some kick, try that WLT habano shade ligero. Equally thin and flexible, but with a big time kick.

I put a pic of my first parejo from Maks' mold here somewheres last night. Used that shade hab ligero wrapper over olor binder over corojo seco. I couldn't wait for it to age, of course... I had to fire it up tonight, soon as I got back from work. Love that olor to death. Definitely makes for an olorous stick. I'm ready to go the other direction, tho, so next go will be a CT wrapped olorojo, to let the olor and corojo seco shine thru. Looking for more stashables. If I could find where I hid my Silver River, that's the best I've found for olorojo so far.

I usually prefer the subtle stick. Specially in Winter, when I smoke indoors.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This seems like a fair deal I'll get on it
Didn't forget you, Hoppy. Had to score the right shaped box so's not to crunch these long leaves. Found one about shoebox girth and four feet long. Post office had nothing, FedEx had nothing. Had to dig round the attic. I need to scout out more boxes that long shape, and stash them for future use. I'll cut this one down a bit shorter & pack it this weekend.

This weather, the leaves would've frozen up anyways. 21* this morning. I worry frozen leaves might shatter when tossed round the truck.

Man, I need a TimeStretcher. Anyone got an extra TimeStretcher they're not using? Busier than a cross eyed boy at a three ring circus. Can't get it all done these days. Side business with FX Smith's Sons is taking off. (Reminds me to toss in a couple Tuscorora Brevas for you, Hoppy. Sparked one last night -- Jeezus, what a grand cigar! I'm not kidding.) Meanwhile my regular job went bananas long ago and has not slowed. My second side business I'm stumped by an impossible project. Two murdersickles need wrenching. ... on and on. Thank God I'm never too busy to tell people how busy I am.

TimeStretcher. Anyone spare one?

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again,

Haven't been rolling for a while because I was busy with to many other projects.
Started a few day's back. Yesterday smoked one of my fresh rolled one's.
It's a 52, 6.5" cigar, my favorite size after a nice dinner. Even though it was tight rolled and still way to humid,
I was very pleased. The other 4 will go for 3-4 months in the humidor. I keep my humidor here at 62 due to the high
humidity here.
I bought a lot of wrapper here that is fairly thick veined. I'm trying different way's to coop with this. I don't mind a thick vein
in the wrapper, just don't like the "3D" in the veins.

Glad to be back !!

20170208_200933 (Small).jpg

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Going through my wrapper leaves I found some CT 1DW Maduro wrapper from LO.
If I can restrain those veins, I know I'm going good.
Sometimes putting the cigar back into the mold with the wrapper will help. As long as the wrapper doesn't squish out the sides, it will force the veins into the binder and smooth it out. When you can't put one back into the mold, you can wrap it in newspaper to try to push the veins in.
I've tried flattening the veins but sometimes that cuts the wrapper leaf at the vein seam.
Good luck, let us know how you solve the vein dilemma.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Sometimes putting the cigar back into the mold with the wrapper will help. As long as the wrapper doesn't squish out the sides, it will force the veins into the binder and smooth it out. When you can't put one back into the mold, you can wrap it in newspaper to try to push the veins in.
I've tried flattening the veins but sometimes that cuts the wrapper leaf at the vein seam.
Good luck, let us know how you solve the vein dilemma.
Hydration is key!

Sent from Webmost's phone