What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Uppowoc Bobs are going into the stash:

They're named Bob because the blend is deluxestogie's suggestion: a slender core of that aromatic but fireproof H2K, surrounded by 2 corojo viso & one piloto seco, double bound in Larry Butcher's Kentucky Sumatra, then wrapped in Ec shade seco. the idea was to find some use for that super tasty H2k.

Bobs are all unmolded quickies, cause that's how Bob rolls. I'm really getting into these unmolded sticks, ever since I did that video showing how a raw beginner using no equipment could make himself a gar first try. I think I worried too much about getting these Bobs tight, tho, cause about now I'm wondering whether they will draw, now that they have dried a bit. That KY Sumatra is some super strong binder.

Well, we'll know six months from now.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You
Uppowoc Bobs are going into the stash:

They're named Bob because the blend is deluxestogie's suggestion: a slender core of that aromatic but fireproof H2K, surrounded by 2 corojo viso & one piloto seco, double bound in Larry Butcher's Kentucky Sumatra, then wrapped in Ec shade seco. the idea was to find some use for that super tasty H2k.

Bobs are all unmolded quickies, cause that's how Bob rolls. I'm really getting into these unmolded sticks, ever since I did that video showing how a raw beginner using no equipment could make himself a gar first try. I think I worried too much about getting these Bobs tight, tho, cause about now I'm wondering whether they will draw, now that they have dried a bit. That KY Sumatra is some super strong binder.

Well, we'll know six months from now.
Your name's Bob, too, isn't it, after a fashion? Or am I thinking of your uncle?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You

Your name's Bob, too, isn't it, after a fashion? Or am I thinking of your uncle?
My name is Robert. However, what I have found is, there are no Roberts ... only Bobs. A surplus of Bobs. A surfeit of Bobs. A satiety of Bobs. So many Bobs, in fact, that if you call out "Bob" in any aisle in the store, four heads turn, and three more will peek round from the next aisle. Our tiny company is staffed by four people: Two Bobs, a John, and Judy. Chickens flock, deer herd, whales pod, bees swarm, Bobs plethora.

That's why I go by Davis.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't think the Criollo Viso is a very good leaf. I am also very keen on the NHS and would prefer to smoke a straight NHS stick to one adulterated with that Criollo Viso leaf.
I have to correct myself on this. I'm actually not sure about the C-viso. There was a batch of sticks I did that I thought all had C-viso in them but on closer spreadsheet read I realize that some didn't, and I'm not sure whether the ill-tasting sticks had it or not. Unfortunately I'm out of it and can't validate. Sorry for the mistake.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My name is Robert. However, what I have found is, there are no Roberts ... only Bobs. A surplus of Bobs. A surfeit of Bobs. A satiety of Bobs. So many Bobs, in fact, that if you call out "Bob" in any aisle in the store, four heads turn, and three more will peek round from the next aisle. Our tiny company is staffed by four people: Two Bobs, a John, and Judy. Chickens flock, deer herd, whales pod, bees swarm, Bobs plethora.

That's why I go by Davis.
Must be an East Coast thing or east of the Rockies thing. All the Roberts I know out here go by Robert.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Must be an East Coast thing or east of the Rockies thing. All the Roberts I know out here go by Robert.
Born and bred in Kalifornia, Bliss. Never saw this coast until I was over 30. Family called me Robert. Everyone else wanted to Bob me. First wife didn't want to lose her last name of Jackson, so I promised her I'd still call her Jackson. She started calling me Davis. That killed the Bob, so I just kept it up.

But this thread is sposed to be pics of stix. Here's a quickie test stick I rolled today:

Really getting into these quickies. Starting to get nice round heads on 'em, and smooth parallel sides. This one came out hard as a premium gar to the touch, but with a real easy draw. Nice patient easy burn to it, too. Not bad looking.

I was following Nic's recipe:
  • 1 WLT Criollo Seco
  • 1 WLT Corojo Viso
  • 1 WLT Criollo Ligero
  • Binder: Jorge Ecuadorian
  • Wrapper: Jorge H2K

... except I don't have any Jorge wrapper, so I used the new FX Smith shade.

Burnt about an inch of it on the porch, then tossed it. Not for me, this blend. Had to go grab an Uppowoc Jackal to finish my porch session, clear the palate. I dunno. I'm about to give away every last inch of Viso and most especially Ligero I have here, and just stick to secos. Fusstrating. Have blown a crapload of money on leaf I don't like. Only viso doesn't bore me is that LO Honduran. And all the Ligeros, seems like they just gack me out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Born and bred in Kalifornia, Bliss. Never saw this coast until I was over 30. Family called me Robert. Everyone else wanted to Bob me. First wife didn't want to lose her last name of Jackson, so I promised her I'd still call her Jackson. She started calling me Davis. That killed the Bob, so I just kept it up.

But this thread is sposed to be pics of stix. Here's a quickie test stick I rolled today:

Really getting into these quickies. Starting to get nice round heads on 'em, and smooth parallel sides. This one came out hard as a premium gar to the touch, but with a real easy draw. Nice patient easy burn to it, too. Not bad looking.

I was following Nic's recipe:
  • 1 WLT Criollo Seco
  • 1 WLT Corojo Viso
  • 1 WLT Criollo Ligero
  • Binder: Jorge Ecuadorian
  • Wrapper: Jorge H2K

... except I don't have any Jorge wrapper, so I used the new FX Smith shade.

Burnt about an inch of it on the porch, then tossed it. Not for me, this blend. Had to go grab an Uppowoc Jackal to finish my porch session, clear the palate. I dunno. I'm about to give away every last inch of Viso and most especially Ligero I have here, and just stick to secos. Fusstrating. Have blown a crapload of money on leaf I don't like. Only viso doesn't bore me is that LO Honduran. And all the Ligeros, seems like they just gack me out.
Ever try the WLT Dominican ligero that at least BH and I were keen on? I think you did, just can't remember. Speaking of remembering I managed to remember a Bob, a school teacher of mine in 1972. His name was Bob Flasher. Maybe they had Bob's round these parts up through the seventies.... yeah, we don't even have Bob's Big Boy anymore. I remember a couple years ago after all kinds of f'd up failblends I just rolled a WLT Corojo puro. My spreadsheet reads, "Shit, can cigar nirvana be this easily achieved?" There really is nothing like a good seco, is there. I also had something that was just LO Honduran seco wrapped in Cameroon. It was great. Every time I added other primings to it, it sucked. Oh, and so far in two years of trying the best thing I've done with WLT Nica Habano is a puro of the seco, including wrapper and binder.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Maybe I'm the odd one here. I use the seco so things burn, but the corojo viso and criollo ligero are some of my favorites, especially together. I do like a strong "slobber knocker" of a cigar though and seem to have a pretty high tolerance of the vitamin n.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Maybe I'm the odd one here. I use the seco so things burn, but the corojo viso and criollo ligero are some of my favorites, especially together. I do like a strong "slobber knocker" of a cigar though and seem to have a pretty high tolerance of the vitamin n.
My love for strong sticks faded as soon as i picked up the cc bug. Now i love a good medium-mild smoke

Pretty sure bliss tries to blend his sticks to match cc's. Can't blame him.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My love for strong sticks faded as soon as i picked up the cc bug. Now i love a good medium-mild smoke

Pretty sure bliss tries to blend his sticks to match cc's. Can't blame him.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
You are exactly correct, my friend. Nail on the head.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What do you think would be a good WLT kit blend, putting aside wrapper? (We could take a basic filler blend that was great and then add maybe a Criollo wrapper for the Strong version and a CT Shade for the medium?) Something along the lines of a corojo seco, corojo viso, criollo ligero, dom binder?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
What do you think would be a good WLT kit blend, putting aside wrapper? (We could take a basic filler blend that was great and then add maybe a Criollo wrapper for the Strong version and a CT Shade for the medium?) Something along the lines of a corojo seco, corojo viso, criollo ligero, dom binder?
Nica habano seco, corojo viso, criollo ligero, dom binder. All day every day.