What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, I'll bite. What are your plans with the clippings? A friend on another forum has just pointed me in the direction of some home snuff making and I'm gonna save some scrap leaf and stem for that
I'm not sure I ever had any other idea other then to keep them as some kind of novelty.
I cut the cap into my hand and set it aside. later I'll put it in this container noticing the aroma that emanates from it.
if not, sometimes I'll stick it in my mouth to taste it.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm not sure I ever had any other idea other then to keep them as some kind of novelty.
I cut the cap into my hand and set it aside. later I'll put it in this container noticing the aroma that emanates from it.
if not, sometimes I'll stick it in my mouth to taste it.
Well, hell. I took one look at your pic I was going to make some silly simile about a mohel.
But now I can't.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That Dom Mojo is definitely my favorite XML parser.
I'll bite. I don't know what that means and, neither does anyone know whats in my mojo so, here you go. the leaf is from Jorge it was sold as dominican seco, smaller 8 to 12" long. I took a wedge of pineapple, 2" cane, orange zest and some white rum, trimmed the skin and crushed it all and added boiling water. it sat for 4 days. strained it. dried and wet the leaf 3 times.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I'm surprised we don't have a mojo recipe thread. Then again, maybe we want to keep our recipes secret... I do love that there are several of us saucing our leaf

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll bite. I don't know what that means and, neither does anyone know whats in my mojo so, here you go. the leaf is from Jorge it was sold as dominican seco, smaller 8 to 12" long. I took a wedge of pineapple, 2" cane, orange zest and some white rum, trimmed the skin and crushed it all and added boiling water. it sat for 4 days. strained it. dried and wet the leaf 3 times.
That's damn similar to my mojo, except I alternate between white, gold, and black rums depending on wrapper color, since I also hit my wrappers occasionally. I also use pineapple and orange zest! Plus some other things. Never boiled though. Just shook and fridged. I should boil. What skin are you trimming? Mojo:Dom is just some technical web design bs stuff.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm surprised we don't have a mojo recipe thread. Then again, maybe we want to keep our recipes secret... I do love that there are several of us saucing our leaf
Yeah. If someone every doubts saucing is legit just hand them that list of shit that goes into a cigarette casing and say, "At least I don't use 4600 listed carcinogens. I use pineapple, yo!"

I could totally understand people wanting to keep some aspect of their mojos on a must-know basis, tho.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yeah. If someone every doubts saucing is legit just hand them that list of shit that goes into a cigarette casing and say, "At least I don't use 4600 listed carcinogens. I use pineapple, yo!"

I could totally understand people wanting to keep some aspect of their mojos on a must-know basis, tho.
I did get overzealous one time and started to use it on all my leaf. Made the cigar super smooth and very smokable a week off the table, but made it too smooth. Lesson learned, everything in moderation. I only sauce my ligero or leaf that smells super strong now.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I did get overzealous one time and started to use it on all my leaf. Made the cigar super smooth and very smokable a week off the table, but made it too smooth. Lesson learned, everything in moderation. I only sauce my ligero or leaf that smells super strong now.
Well, sir... some of these year-olds I smoked recently that were somewhat off the hook indicated in the spreadsheet "mojo on wrapper and binder and sometimes on filler." I haven't done filler mojo in quite a while, other than the occasional ligero, but I'm thinking about hitting my other leaves next time I bunch.... so many variations to the game....

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've not mojo'd in quite a while but had started misting (binder and wrapper) with mojo instead of h2o in my last batch with mojo.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did someone mention saucing? :)

I don't know why anyone would want to keep their sauce a secret. Don't want the secret to get out in case the cigar becomes famous because it's so incredibly good? It would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to bring a new cigar to market so no one needs to worry.

I do understand the big manufacturers not wanting their ago old secrets to get out but us little hobby guys??? Come on...the FDA won't let you past first base.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, sir... some of these year-olds I smoked recently that were somewhat off the hook indicated in the spreadsheet "mojo on wrapper and binder and sometimes on filler." I haven't done filler mojo in quite a while, other than the occasional ligero, but I'm thinking about hitting my other leaves next time I bunch.... so many variations to the game....
There are SOOOO many variations. Endless really. That's a big part of the fun for me, looking for the 'needle in the haystack'.
The $64,000.00 question is... does any of the mojo really work?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There are SOOOO many variations. Endless really. That's a big part of the fun for me, looking for the 'needle in the haystack'.
The $64,000.00 question is... does any of the mojo really work?
It totally f'in works. I've worked with certain leaf over nearly a 2-year period of blending, rolling, and aging, and done many blends with- and without, and there have been recent times where the mojo version came into amazing fruition after a year of age and the non-mojo'd just stayed relatively the same and so-so. It's almost as if the sugars in the mojo were increasing the tempo of the enzymatic breakdowns in the leaf... (insert here Hopduro laughing his ass off).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that sauces used by big manufacturers are most effective when it's applied before fermentation. The tobacco then has time to create it's own unique flavor naturally. There's a video showing the Cuban workers spraying 'tobacco juice' on the leaf prior to stacking them for fermentation. This is well keep, age old secret.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's damn similar to my mojo, except I alternate between white, gold, and black rums depending on wrapper color, since I also hit my wrappers occasionally. I also use pineapple and orange zest! Plus some other things. Never boiled though. Just shook and fridged. I should boil. What skin are you trimming? Mojo:Dom is just some technical web design bs stuff.
After I looked it up I remembered what I forgot about mojo dom. The pineapple I ran a fine grader over it because I wanted to leave some of it. cane is like bamboo so it was more traditional.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It will kill the premium cigar definition if it gets out that there is something besides tobacco in it. "wait, flavorings? .. so they are flavored cigars?" honesty will not play a roll in the fda's request for ingredients from commercial smokes. I say, the fda gets the boot.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was only the 4th mojo I've ever made. haven't touched this mojoed tobacco in more then a year. it's been sitting dry in a container. when I started with it there was some testing bla bla but, really nothing I have has anything in it.