What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Lol welcome to the roller's thread :)

Also... WLT dominican binder... safe to classify this as seco?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I'd think so but the WLT Dom binder seems thicker than most seco filler leaves than I'm accustomed to.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0

2 month old something or other...
1:1:1 - WLT Corojo Ligero, WLT Criollo Viso, WLT Nicaraguan Habano Seco. Bound in WLT Dominican and wrapped in LO Ecuadorian Shade Ligero. Love that shine. Reminds me of a weird take on a Tabacos el Triunfador and I don't know why.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

2 month old something or other...
1:1:1 - WLT Corojo Ligero, WLT Criollo Viso, WLT Nicaraguan Habano Seco. Bound in WLT Dominican and wrapped in LO Ecuadorian Shade Ligero. Love that shine. Reminds me of a weird take on a Tabacos el Triunfador and I don't know why.
That looks like something in my wheelhouse. How did you like it?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
That looks like something in my wheelhouse. How did you like it?
It was tasty, and I enjoyed it a good bit. It didn't impress me as much as the .5 Corojo Ligero, 1 Criollo Viso, 2 Nica Habano Seco I did in the same batch and smoked much closer to rolling (and which I need to roll more of to make sure it wasn't a super tasty fluke). Though I've also become a Nica Habano Seco whore lately. As for specific flavors, I'm useless. Haha.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It was tasty, and I enjoyed it a good bit. It didn't impress me as much as the .5 Corojo Ligero, 1 Criollo Viso, 2 Nica Habano Seco I did in the same batch and smoked much closer to rolling (and which I need to roll more of to make sure it wasn't a super tasty fluke). Though I've also become a Nica Habano Seco whore lately. As for specific flavors, I'm useless. Haha.
I don't think the Criollo Viso is a very good leaf. I am also very keen on the NHS and would prefer to smoke a straight NHS stick to one adulterated with that Criollo Viso leaf.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't think the Criollo Viso is a very good leaf. I am also very keen on the NHS and would prefer to smoke a straight NHS stick to one adulterated with that Criollo Viso leaf.
The nica habano seco is a damn good leaf and one I use lots of. Swap out the criollo viso with corojo viso and I bet you would like the results better. What's funny is I prefer the criollo ligero to the corojo ligero as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed these guys drying on the windowsill this morning when I got up at sunrise to feed the cat. "Ooh, I should take a snap of that!"
Those look really nice! Great photo as usual. Is that the WLT Criollo 98 wrapper? How do you like it?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Those look really nice! Great photo as usual. Is that the WLT Criollo 98 wrapper? How do you like it?
Thanks, yeah that's the WLT C98. Pretty decent wrapper to work with. Reasonable condition. Medium-veined, not too thick (not as thin as Cuban, nor as thick as most browns we can get) big variety of size in the bag. Haven't had anything age long enough to get a clue as to the flavor. Smoked one or two too young; dark brown stuff really does need a few months before you can even begin to get an honest read (or truthfully one month drybox, 6 months humi). Seems to burn, though, which is a win right there for wrapper from certain places...