What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Initial impressions are very positive on a very fresh leaf. This is probably not in your wheelhouse as it is a very strong tasting leaf and the filler blend is pretty unapologetic as well. I'm getting lots of woodiness, earth, cream, chocolate, spice, and hints of what I describe as asphalt but in a good way.
Thanks! Well I used to love the flavor of that stuff. Just to go through gallons of lighter fluid to get through a smoking session.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
first attempt with 60 rg salomon mold from keithjjones. Took a lot of leaf but great flavor and draw. 4 ecu seco, 2 criolla 98 ligero, 2 mata fina, 2 corojo viso, double ecu seco binder, ecu ligero wrapper.
Scooby approves (that's what happens when you let a 4 year old name the dog)

View attachment 101328 View attachment 101329
Wow, that's a lot of leaf! I don't know how you get it all to fit. I think I use, at most, 4-6 leaves.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yup -the mata fina, ligero, and corojo were all small leaves but it is the biggest cigar I have rolled by far. Think I will plane this mold down by 1/4" to make it a little bit more manageable.
I'd try less tobacco before permanently modifying your mold. Measure twice, cut once. Taking off 1/4" from where? If you're planing, wouldn't that make an oval stick? If it's the top of the bottom you may run the risk of the mold not fitting together because of the bunch curve.

I can barely get 4-6 leaves to fit in the same mold when I roll this stick. I also have a 50ring version of the Salomon webmost had me customize for him. I haven't personally rolled with it, but it's considerably smaller.