What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
well, cut the end off of it first! LOL

I do that too with little ones.
I'll try that! Thanks - needed a laugh this morning.
I am using a 38 rg mold for these and keep overfilling them. I may have to try weighing the leaves before rolling as it seems less than 1/4 leaf can really make it too tight.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Here's a test quickie, rolled from WLT Dominican Piloto Cubano and WLT Brazilian Mata Fina, bound with the new WLT Dominican Olor, and wrapped with FX Smith's super delicate Connecticut shade leaf. Wish I had a less blurry pic. I take crappy pics. I adore that Olor. It really adds an aroma. This is a stashable blend. Mild and smooth already. Sweet and flavorful. I'll probably roll forty or fifty, and stash them away to smoke next summer. I have around 450 in stash right now. The original aim was to age them six months; but I cant smoke them fast enough, so probably a hundred fifty of my stash are a year old. The only thing that keeps me from having more is it takes sometimes months to hit on the next just right blend. What leaves are available keep on changing, so you can't just go back to the well.

Wonderful when you finally find a stashable blend.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Wrapped today, whats this kind of "end" or cap called? not quite a pigtail, trying to do them like @mark L has his in the pic above this postView attachment 102680
We need to come up with some names for the different types of pigtail caps. the only other distinction we were able to come up with last time this subject came up was a feathered cap like opus x I believe.
I believe those are called a cuban pigtail. I'm no professional but I play one on the internet

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Yeah, I'm going with stinger. I should show a closeup, I took the final cap circle piece and cut along the radius so it fit around the little stinger. Cleans up the look nicely imo
Willy calls these a pig tail, and that is the original pig tail from cuba I believe. Whatever you want to call it, I prefer it to the twisted pig tails you see because it's easier and cleaner. Next time I get to the rolling table I will snap a step by step of how Willy showed me how to do these. It involves slicing your final cap to the center so you can place it around the piece that sticks out with a clean and smooth finish.