What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Also, understanding leaf case in wrapping is hugely important
My biggest improvement was when I learned that proper leaf casing allowed me to roll cigars with consistent draw instead of most of them being plugged.
Filler that is too wet will stick together when rolled and hamper the air flow even after it dries out.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
My biggest improvement was when I learned that proper leaf casing allowed me to roll cigars with consistent draw instead of most of them being plugged.
Filler that is too wet will stick together when rolled and hamper the air flow even after it dries out.
That's so true, crunchy filler makes it seem like you're over stuffing the mold, but the draw always comes out perfect

It's amazing that any of my old sticks are smokeable

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the Maduro we get is dyed but it could be wrong. If it was or is dyed when you have it at case you're gonna get all kinds of crap all over your hands, etc. I haven't used much Maduro available to us though
I hope not. It looks great and smells sweet like syrup. I hope that’s just indicative of the leaf itself. (I’m getting stressed out @bliss :arghh: lol)

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Trying to find that balance right now.
WLT usually ships it perfect. If not, or too crumbly (i usually grab a leaf from the stack and try to entubado it), 2-4 spritz of water into the bag and leave it overnight.

Basically, i never rush anymore. If it's not ready, I'm not rolling

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WLT usually ships it perfect. If not, or too crumbly (i usually grab a leaf from the stack and try to entubado it), 2-4 spritz of water into the bag and leave it overnight.

Basically, i never rush anymore. If it's not ready, I'm not rolling

Man!! I heard that. That was my mistake the first few times. Now I’m just dialing in the right balance between too much or too little moisture in the wrapper. And eliminating soft spots in my sticks. Thanks for the info. Never ordered from WLT. Can’t afford the whole pound yet...lol

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hell yeah it helped!! Thanks much!! The playability factor for straightening out wrinkled edges is definitely one to consider . Do you do prep all your leaf as soon as you receive it or only when you select leaf you’ll want to use around the time you want to make a particular blend??

Sorry for the late reply... I've been crazy busy... glad it helped some... I order in volume but prep based on need... what leaf I need tomorrow gets prepped today. :kiss::cigar:

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Morning MOTLs and others :sneaky: just posted a bunch of pics on my BOTL gallery... posting a few in here but most of my pics are on IG... I've managed to find a window of time to put a few dozen more here on BOTL. Hope you enjoy my creative flare. Xoxoxoxo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning MOTLs and others :sneaky: just posted a bunch of pics on my BOTL gallery... posting a few in here but most of my pics are on IG... I've managed to find a window of time to put a few dozen more here on BOTL. Hope you enjoy my creative flare. Xoxoxoxo
Super Dope!! Also, thanks for the casing tip!!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Super Dope!! Also, thanks for the casing tip!!
Thank you and you are welcome... I forgot to mention... The sponge bag... use a sizplock bag... use a hole puncher to punch holes in the top part of the zip lock... six to eight holes is good... then drop in the wet sponge and zip the bag closed, then put the sponge bag inside your leaf bag or container... The moisture will escape evenly without wetting your leaf... when the sponge is dry you can wet and repeat. Not dripping wet. I put the sponge bag in another long bag with the leaf and blow the bag up like a balloon... tie it off and set it for 24hrs... You can also mist it and balloon your bag but there may not be as even a distribution of moisture. Flip the balloon over at half day mark. I also have an electric heating blanket. When I need the leaf on rush order... I mist the bag and balloon the bag and put the balloon under the blanket for an hour or two and it' ready to go. You must allow fresh air back into the bag the next day or your leaf will turn from gas build up. I hope that wasn't confusing. More than one way to skin a cat... or a cucumber.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and you are welcome... I forgot to mention... The sponge bag... use a sizplock bag... use a hole puncher to punch holes in the top part of the zip lock... six to eight holes is good... then drop in the wet sponge and zip the bag closed, then put the sponge bag inside your leaf bag or container... The moisture will escape evenly without wetting your leaf... when the sponge is dry you can wet and repeat. Not dripping wet. I put the sponge bag in another long bag with the leaf and blow the bag up like a balloon... tie it off and set it for 24hrs... You can also mist it and balloon your bag but there may not be as even a distribution of moisture. Flip the balloon over at half day mark. I also have an electric heating blanket. When I need the leaf on rush order... I mist the bag and balloon the bag and put the balloon under the blanket for an hour or two and it' ready to go. You must allow fresh air back into the bag the next day or your leaf will turn from gas build up. I hope that wasn't confusing. More than one way to skin a cat... or a cucumber.
Crystal clear!! Thanks again!!