What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
No mold, pigtailed, shaggy foot Connecticut smoke.
2 dominican seco
1 dominican ligero
Sumatra binder
Connecticut shade
All WLT View attachment 118251
That's the way I love it... freestyle! I'll admit... in the back of my mind... I've always wondered what my blends today would look like if perfectly molded in a press... I just can't bring myself to finding out yet. Great job!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
On my ride across country, my elder sister gave me this nice box:

... while her ex gave me a buncha old, beat up, and dried out gars, which I re-wrapped yesterday:

Smoked one last night. It wasn't too bad. Wrapper needs time to shrink down on 'em tight.
Now that's how you turn lemons into lemonade...aweome job!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
First gar rolled since my return:

I'm going to embark on a series of these T-13 plumpfectos for stash. I took several along w/ me on my trip, and they proved to be my faves. You got anywhere from four, four and a half, even five small T-13 leaves, one piloto seco, a Honduran habano binder, and a rosado wrapper. Not the most flexible wrapper for the job, and not the smoothest, either; but I like the color and the taste. So I will stash and stash until I run out of one or the other of these components. Hope I can perfect the plumpfecto in the process.

Hey, yesterday I scored some Indonesian leaf at FX Smith's Sons. I'm going to try it out. A gal there who used to work on those machines tells me it's her fave for easy workability. I'll soon know. I also scored a pack of fifty bunches and a pack of fifty prepped wrappers. Churchills, 7"x50rg. Kind of thing intended to be rolled up at a cigar show. If any of these turns out good, I'll see about offering it for sale cheap. Right now my problem is time. Just like any time you go on vacay, you come back to a crapload of work. Vacay may be said to be a fallacy in that regard. You don't so much get off work as you defer it. In this instance, I took such a long time off that I have a double dump big deuce crapload going on here. Anyhoo, I'll try wrapping one of these bunches in the prepped wrapper and Ill try this Indo stuff for flavor. It's not your Bezuki and neither is it your Sumatra. I dunno what you'd call it. Fairly dull color.

I also discover there's more piles of CT shade available. They were real small leaves last time. Haven't looked over these. Thing is, tho, you're just not going to see this genuine CT shade much longer. Forced out of production by CT wage laws. The CT shade grown in Ecuador and such does not have the same flavor.

My kid sis in Hawaii sent me a pair of Punabilt stickers for my Bday. I pasted them over the Ford emblems on my Ranger. Looks about right:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
First gar rolled since my return:

I'm going to embark on a series of these T-13 plumpfectos for stash. I took several along w/ me on my trip, and they proved to be my faves. You got anywhere from four, four and a half, even five small T-13 leaves, one piloto seco, a Honduran habano binder, and a rosado wrapper. Not the most flexible wrapper for the job, and not the smoothest, either; but I like the color and the taste. So I will stash and stash until I run out of one or the other of these components. Hope I can perfect the plumpfecto in the process.
I'm loving that T13 viso. I haven't tried it with the piloto leaf yet but will have to soon. That along with the Honduran sounds interesting...
I enjoy it with the Cibao Valley Vuelta Abajo Seco bound in the Dom Olor seco. Just as you said, the T13 is small, so maybe 3 or 4 leaves to the one seco has been what I've been rolling.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well I got the little torpedo mold filled up today. Ran out of juice before I could wrap them so that will wait for tomorrow. Stuffed a half leaf of piloto cubano ligero, 1/2 corojo ligero, 1 cibao valley criollo ligero, and bound in LO nica binder. Will wrap these up in candela. Most worried about how I will finish the head of the stick as I can't do a traditional flag and cap if I want a nice, clean, pointy torpedo. Making myself do and learn new things is where I have the most fun rolling though

Last edited:

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Well I got the little torpedo mold filled up today. Ran out of juice before I could wrap them so that will wait for tomorrow. Stuffed a half leaf of piloto cubano ligero, 1/2 corojo ligero, 1 cibao valley criollo ligero, and bound in LO nica binder. Will wrap these up in candela. Most worried about how I will finish the head of the stick as I can't do a traditional flag and cap if I want a nice, clean, pointy torpedo. Making myself do and learn new things is where I have the most fun rolling though
Try a Dominican cap where you just run it around the top a bit.

The triple cap is a little different, check the videos thread

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
These look Beautiful! To triple cap I make capital D's based on the size of head..I cut a large circle... usually a lil larger than the foot... then cut it in half... i get 2 D's out of it... I face the D in proper position then tilt it to the right till the D is leaning at 2oclock at the top and 7oclock at the bottom... like this emoji o_O. then begin wrapping it around... it will cap off perfectly. You can do it multiple times if you like. Hope this is helpful and not confusing. I always feel like I don't make sense :kiss:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Try a Dominican cap where you just run it around the top a bit.

The triple cap is a little different, check the videos thread

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
These look Beautiful! To triple cap I make capital D's based on the size of head..I cut a large circle... usually a lil larger than the foot... then cut it in half... i get 2 D's out of it... I face the D in proper position then tilt it to the right till the D is leaning at 2oclock at the top and 7oclock at the bottom... like this emoji o_O. then begin wrapping it around... it will cap off perfectly. You can do it multiple times if you like. Hope this is helpful and not confusing. I always feel like I don't make sense :kiss:
Thank you both. Found a video that Blake made capping torpedoes and this all makes sense. I was initially planning the Dominican method, but that just seems lazy to me. It at least needs a cap over that. Will probably do a combo of Dominican plus the capping method that ReMix was explaining

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thank you both. Found a video that Blake made capping torpedoes and this all makes sense. I was initially planning the Dominican method, but that just seems lazy to me. It at least needs a cap over that. Will probably do a combo of Dominican plus the capping method that ReMix was explaining
If you do my full circle with the slice then you have the option to keep going as long as you want; whereas with the D (circle cut all the way through) you've got 50% less cap with which to optionally wrap before the cut. You might end up only using a D's worth before the cut, or you might use almost an O's worth.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
If you do my full circle with the slice then you have the option to keep going as long as you want; whereas with the D (circle cut all the way through) you've got 50% less cap with which to optionally wrap before the cut. You might end up only using a D's worth before the cut, or you might use almost an O's worth.
With the candela I have plenty of wrapper, I might as well use the whole O. Besides, we want the whole O, not just a half, right ReMix??

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am unbelievably hard on myself. I look at these and see nothing but flaws, but I did learn a lot. Finishing the heads of these "perfectly" is my new Achilles heel. Can ya'll guess where my new focus is going to be for a bit?
Just wait til you take up salomons.... tricky-ass caps at both ends. Don't be too hard on yourself: pros have to do thousands or tens of thousands of these fancy heads before shit totally clicks.