What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Jim is referring to the beautifully complex blend

That being said, I love 2 filler leaf blends and haven't even explored 2 different binders, but Marc crushes that one

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I've been playing around with the binder lately myself. I've rolled a few with 3-4 binders. Not all on top of each other but kind of like those cigars with a 5 diff wrappers on them to show you what each taste like.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think im getting better. Bunching is more consistent and solid throughout. Still have work to do on the caps.

Made a nice blend d last weekend of half ometep ligero, t13 and some secos/visos. Floral, easant and sweet actually. I'm gonna go on a rolling bender this weekend and really slow down with the capping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I think im getting better. Bunching is more consistent and solid throughout. Still have work to do on the caps.

Made a nice blend d last weekend of half ometep ligero, t13 and some secos/visos. Floral, easant and sweet actually. I'm gonna go on a rolling bender this weekend and really slow down with the capping.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Have we got one helluva crop of beginners

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
42x5.x - various LO Nicaraguan seco, WLT Olor Ligero (donated by @webmost), LO Nicaraguan CT shade & Ecuadorian Corojo wrappers. My 40 ring mold is my work horse, easily 90% of what I roll comes out of that mold.

I've never noticed an Olor at WLT.

40 is a really beautiful gauge and balances better in my hand than any other. Probably a toro sits best in a big fat-handed dude's hands. For shortish portly fellows the Lonsdale looks best. Having the right gauge for the hand ups the pleasure level a lot. 40 is my sweetspot but 42 is also very good.

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I've never noticed an Olor at WLT.
I'm pretty sure I got it from Davis, but I could be wrong.

40 is a really beautiful gauge and balances better in my hand than any other. Probably a toro sits best in a big fat-handed dude's hands. For shortish portly fellows the Lonsdale looks best. Having the right gauge for the hand ups the pleasure level a lot. 40 is my sweetspot but 42 is also very good.
40 mold, generally finishes to something close to 42. Mostly I roll 5.5x42 - just about the perfect sized smoke. For me.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, that stuff, plus. The idea is to find leaf that's good, and remove the leaf that sucks, and there's your inventory from which you can do whatever you want. If I found some master blend, I'd be like, okay, done that. Now what's next? Just no point/need to create meticulous paperwork after you've figured out which leaves work for you and which should be avoided.
I agree... blending is like cooking... after awhile you just know what works well with what and like salt or pepper... how much is enough. Over 400 blends in and from time to time I run across a blend that will work for a leaf from my "hate it" list and suddenly I found usefulness of something once considered crap. I say all the time... every leaf is not for every blend but there is a blend for every leaf. :shame::cigar:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree... blending is like cooking... after awhile you just know what works well with what and like salt or pepper... how much is enough. Over 400 blends in and from time to time I run across a blend that will work for a leaf from my "hate it" list and suddenly I found usefulness of something once considered crap. I say all the time... every leaf is not for every blend but there is a blend for every leaf. :shame::cigar:
Hey gorgeous, how's your house car project going? Got pics?
I have an intense house warming gift for you before you scoot on outta here.