What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
In that case, you can have the award, Bliss. I like your old barnwood background better, and I understand the prize ain't worth much anyways.
HEY .... I take umbrage at that remark. I'll have you know that with you Photo of the Month award and $2.65 you can get a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
And don't be surprised if you notice the others here on the forum start to treat you with more respect. It may be hard to notice at first but give it time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
HEY .... I take umbrage at that remark. I'll have you know that with you Photo of the Month award and $2.65 you can get a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.
And don't be surprised if you notice the others here on the forum start to treat you with more respect. It may be hard to notice at first but give it time.

Just trying to soften the blow for my good friend Bliss, Bruce

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
View attachment 145593

Did a Dominican blend the other day, so here's a Nicaraguan one. Esteli Seco & Ligero, Jalapa Viso, wrapped in San Andres, Corojo, and CT Shade.

I did attempt the Mata Fina again. Another failure.
I would need some details on how you bring your wrapper to case and how high of a case you are working with. From the pictures, it looks like the leaf wasn’t quite hydrated enough to get a stretch that makes a smoother finish on the end product and can confirm that the mata fina likes quite a bit of hydration to really get pliable

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would need some details on how you bring your wrapper to case and how high of a case you are working with. From the pictures, it looks like the leaf wasn’t quite hydrated enough to get a stretch that makes a smoother finish on the end product and can confirm that the mata fina likes quite a bit of hydration to really get pliable
I do the plastic bag method. Basically 3 or 4 rounds of a few spritzes on each leaf and waiting an hour or two.

They seem pliable afterward but I have been wondering if I could/should go further.

I should also mention that they are kept in a coolidor with 65% packs so they aren't dry to begin with.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I do the plastic bag method. Basically 3 or 4 rounds of a few spritzes on each leaf and waiting an hour or two.

They seem pliable afterward but I have been wondering if I could/should go further.

I should also mention that they are kept in a coolidor with 65% packs so they aren't dry to begin with.
I haven't worked with the Mata fina wrapper yet, but other delicate wrappers seem to be easier to work with if they sit in the baggie overnight. Quite often, I'll bunch one or two in the evening, spray the wrapper and bag it, then go to bed. When I get up, I wrap it and head out to work with a smoke for the ride.
Maybe an overnight in the bag will help the mata fina wrapper as well?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't worked with the Mata fina wrapper yet, but other delicate wrappers seem to be easier to work with if they sit in the baggie overnight. Quite often, I'll bunch one or two in the evening, spray the wrapper and bag it, then go to bed. When I get up, I wrap it and head out to work with a smoke for the ride.
Maybe an overnight in the bag will help the mata fina wrapper as well?
Do you spray extra on it since it's not getting any resprays?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0

I agree with Jim, I try to go about 24 hours to bring all the way to case and get stretchy. You can speed it up some depending on the leaf, but you’re going to get better results with planning ahead a little further

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a plain English tip that really works:

Don't worry about "case" at all. Just dampen your leaf.

You're welcome.

I like to leave my leaf in a cooler, on a rack, with a pan of water under the rack, overnight. Dampens it up right nice.

Now what kind of hobby community would we be if we didn't have our own made up jargon? ;)

I've actually seen this video (I've seen all your vids--very entertaining) and I've used this method with success. But I've since repurposed my cooler for storage and been using the bag ever since. Need to get another.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Any danger of overcasing? Like if I put it in the bag before bed and didn't get to it until after work the next day?
So long as you aren’t really soaking it you should have no issues. I most both sides pretty decent and let sit. It won’t take too long to figure how much moisture you need. A setup like what Webmost uses is fool proof and will never “over case” your leaf

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long as you aren’t really soaking it you should have no issues. I most both sides pretty decent and let sit. It won’t take too long to figure how much moisture you need. A setup like what Webmost uses is fool proof and will never “over case” your leaf
Sorry, I deleted that post right after making it cuz I realized your previous post kinda answered it already. You were too quick for me.

Thanks for the advice y'all. Gonna try some longer prep time for wrapper.