What's new

Pics of Your Sticks

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for you guys. On filler leaf do you use the frog legs or do you discard them? I heard Dion from Illusione Cigar’s say they discard them because they are bitter. He likened it to broccoli where you don’t usually eat the whole head and then down the stem. You just throw that part of it away.

He was on a recent JR Cigar YouTube video with Nickolas Melillo. They were needing out on Tobacco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frustrated with the kids today so I rolled up a ball buster earlier. Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and another for the first binder. Then bound it with a Pennsylvania Broadleaf. Fillers: Paraguayan Ligero, Dominican Ligero. Ometepe Ligero, Jalapa Ligero, and 2x Jalapa Seco.

Burn isn’t terrible considering I rolled it about 6 hours ago! It’s a round a 68 ring which is on the ridiculous side.

It gave me a good throat punch initially but tappers down about an inch in. I might try it again but with 1/2 leaves so it is t so big.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Frustrated with the kids today so I rolled up a ball buster earlier. Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper and another for the first binder. Then bound it with a Pennsylvania Broadleaf. Fillers: Paraguayan Ligero, Dominican Ligero. Ometepe Ligero, Jalapa Ligero, and 2x Jalapa Seco.

Burn isn’t terrible considering I rolled it about 6 hours ago! It’s a round a 68 ring which is on the ridiculous side.

It gave me a good throat punch initially but tappers down about an inch in. I might try it again but with 1/2 leaves so it is t so big.

Amazing!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

The filler is Pelo de Oro (tr. Golden Hair). The leaf is described as having cedar, leather, and chocolate notes. I suppose you could find cedar and chocolate in it. Leather, of course, appears to be just one of those things that they too frequently adduce... I don't eat enough shoes to be sure. Soon as I conducted the sniff a wisp test (that's where you pinch off a wisp of leaf and set it to smoldering so's you can snurf up a hint of what it will smoke like), I decided that this stuff would benefit from a thicker gauge, to enjoy a larger volume of smudge. So I pulled out my wonderful Mak's-made 50 rg Churchill mold, stead of my usual fecto or corona molds. Indeed, it does erupt into a satisfying mild cloud of aroma. I just need to find the right binder. for subtle flavor. I am open to suggestion.

The binder is Ecuadorian viso.
The wrapper is FX CT shade, to let the mild cloud shine through.

Will serve me just right for giveaways to newbs. I have a rotating group of young fellows at the rehab house next door, who I am supplying. And I just sent a boxload of stuff to an ex brother in law in Idaho, who I intend to supply. He called me the other day from his fly fishing hole to tell me how much he was enjoying a gar I left him a couple years back when I rode murdersickle cross country. I'm hoping to prune my preposterous kilogar. Best thing about gars is giving one away. Next best is rolling. Smoking is a strong third.

This will be the band, once I have decided which binder to use: