What's new

Post your blade(s)?! I am interested in knowing what is everybody's EDC.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
My brother gifted me the microtech. I looked at them but was hesitant. He walked in and tossed me the box at Christmas. Lifetime warranty and sharpening so I’m really happy. Although I admit I don’t really use it for everyday task. I got a kerahaw Ken onion blur I cut fish bait and electrical wire with
Yeah both Microtech and Benchmade make exceptional knives. Kershaw as well. I have a couple Kershaw assisted opening knives that I keep in my tackle box and hunting bag. I can't remeber what style they are but they are great knives. My EDC is a black Benchmade Triage 915 (pictured somewhere in the thread I'm sure), not the Auto one as I'm not allowed to have that at my work. I really wish I could though cause their auto open is pretty bad ass. All and all, it's a great knife, but I'm not a hige fan of the sheepsfoot. I would prefer it have a drop point or tanto, but it does what it needs to do. I found it for a steal at one of Gander Mountain's going out of business sale around my area. Out the door I think I payed $75 which was like 50-60% off the original price.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That's pretty bad ass. I might have to get me one of those. I like the Combat Troodon alot, but as much a I like it I just can't see myself spending a $1K on a knife at this point. My wife would kill me. But, that Ultratech looks pretty sweet. Strongly considering adding to cart.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's pretty bad ass. I might have to get me one of those. I like the Combat Troodon alot, but as much a I like it I just can't see myself spending a $1K on a knife at this point. My wife would kill me. But, that Ultratech looks pretty sweet. Strongly considering adding to cart.

You can get a regular production Combat Troodon for around $450. If you get into the Marifone Customs they get into the $1000+ range They are all def sweet. I have a handful or so of Microtech. They are my daily carry

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
You can get a regular production Combat Troodon for around $450. If you get into the Marifone Customs they get into the $1000+ range They are all def sweet. I have a handful or so of Microtech. They are my daily carry
Nice, that's not too bad for the Combat Troodon. I guess the ones I was looking at were the Marifone ones.. Glad you clarified that. I ready like the look of the UTX-85, but I haven't found any in stock anywhere in the blade style I want (D/E serrated on both sides they call it something else but I can't remember what that is). If you don't mind making a recommendation... if I was going to buy my first Microtech OTF which one would you recommend. I know intended use may help clarify my needs a little, so basically for use as an EDC and used for general all around tasks and self defense. I really like the double edge, serrated blade style, so I guess that would be one of my constraints, but I'm not sure if I absolutely NEED the DE... More of a WANT. Thanks.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I would def go for the D/E even if it is not serrated. The single edge Microtechs dont have the special feel like the D/E when it fires out... and for resale ever. You have to practically pay someone to take the s/e vs you will sell a D\E for prob what you paid or really close to it.
As for a EDC, if it is a personal protection knife. Def go for the Combat Troodon it is a large framed knife and will def do the trick but if you are wanting a workhorse knife I wouldn’t use the OTF for that (although I have before). I have a Microtech Stitch for that now... For edc I like the 85 size. It fits perfect in my hand.. the ultratech is a nice size too.. for edc the CT can be a little big for some tasks.. you won’t believe how handy the D/E will become. Check out Southern Tactical Blades website and tell John, Nathan sent ya... Great guy to work with and always has inventory coming so write him and see what’s coming before he post it up online... hope this helps ya out in your Microtech search

Here is a pic of a few of mine for reference
Left to right
Utx-70, UTX-85, 3 ultratechs, Combat Troodon, Stitch

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Wow that's an impressive collection of OTF's. Wish they're weren't considered concealed weapons here in Ohio. Really have to get my ccw asap.
I would def go for the D/E even if it is not serrated. The single edge Microtechs dont have the special feel like the D/E when it fires out... and for resale ever. You have to practically pay someone to take the s/e vs you will sell a D\E for prob what you paid or really close to it.
As for a EDC, if it is a personal protection knife. Def go for the Combat Troodon it is a large framed knife and will def do the trick but if you are wanting a workhorse knife I wouldn’t use the OTF for that (although I have before). I have a Microtech Stitch for that now... For edc I like the 85 size. It fits perfect in my hand.. the ultratech is a nice size too.. for edc the CT can be a little big for some tasks.. you won’t believe how handy the D/E will become. Check out Southern Tactical Blades website and tell John, Nathan sent ya... Great guy to work with and always has inventory coming so write him and see what’s coming before he post it up online... hope this helps ya out in your Microtech search

Here is a pic of a few of mine for reference
Left to right
Utx-70, UTX-85, 3 ultratechs, Combat Troodon, Stitch
Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk