What's new

preparing glass jars?

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I'll show you what I did. I pretty much rigged the jars for now. So if it's a baccy I'd pass on and not get again, I don't have to go and get more jars. Just rinse out the one I have and re-use it with something new. PLus I don't have a cellar or anything exciting to flaunt all the baccy's anywhere just yet. So it's just sitting on my dresser drawer in the box it all came in.
This is why my labels go on the lids. I can always swap lids, tuck one away to use again later, put a new one on with a new sticker to use now, and adjust accordingly. My end goal is to have a drawer system like a dresser instead if a cabinet. Pull out the drawer and see one full level of jars. It definitely won't display as nice, but it will be super compact, super organized, and out of the light.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
This is why my labels go on the lids. I can always swap lids, tuck one away to use again later, put a new one on with a new sticker to use now, and adjust accordingly. My end goal is to have a drawer system like a dresser instead if a cabinet. Pull out the drawer and see one full level of jars. It definitely won't display as nice, but it will be super compact, super organized, and out of the light.
That's a great idea too. I'm sure when I least expect it I'll find something. Plus if I get more common brands, I'd be good with changing out lids.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No - I think that would look pretty cool too.

a stand alone dedicated to your tobaccos would be really cool. Something like this (but maybe bigger lol):

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
No - I think that would look pretty cool too.

a stand alone dedicated to your tobaccos would be really cool. Something like this (but maybe bigger lol):

Find something like this at a garage sale. Sadly, a neighbor foreclosed on their house today. And the Sheriff's threw everything to the curb that was left in the house. I was there picking and found some sort of end to an entertainment center. Too far gone to be saved. But gave me ideas for something like this....

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Sharpie Marker writes on glass very well. It also comes off in the dishwasher.
Oh, true! It will also come right off with a little denatured alcohol. We use the fine Sharpies for doing hardware layouts for control panels. Then after all the holes are drilled, a quick wipe-down with alcohol cleans it all up!

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0