What's new

PToM Review - Pipe Tobacco of the Month - Master Thread

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I completely missed this month!
As last October's poll brought a tie with Sleepy Hollow, and it was just recommended again last month, let's just finish this month out with Sleepy Hollow.
I know they are currently working on restocking, and it should be available shortly for anyone who doesn't already have some.

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL November Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let us know what you think our November PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, and Burley
The winning baccy from that poll will be crowned our November PToM, then we'll all light up and review it together! (y)

We'll do nominations for a couple days, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
Many thanks!
Clint

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I let things fall apart a bit the last couple months. Probably should have reached out to one if you for help. But, here we are. Time to start anew, right?
Our "Month of Second Chances" poll is up:
http://www.botl.org/threads/ptom-january-2017-pipe-tobacco-of-the-month-poll.88918/
Go check out all the blends that just missed their chance last year, and vote for which one you think we should all revisit! (y)

And the winner is McClelland 5110.
Review thread is live:
http://www.botl.org/threads/mcclelland-no-5110-dark-english-full-ptom-jan-2017-pipe-tobacco-of-the-month.88958/

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let's try the "three months at a time" tactic again like we did last summer, to allow for easier purchasing.
Let us know what you think our February, March & April PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, and Burley
The winning baccy selections from that poll will be crowned our February, March & April PToM, then we'll all light up and review them together! (y)

We'll do nominations for a couple days, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
Many thanks!
Clint

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let's try the "three months at a time" tactic again like we did last summer, to allow for easier purchasing.
Let us know what you think our March, April & May PToM should be:
The winning baccy selections from that poll will be crowned our March, April & May PToM, then we'll all light up and review them together! (y)

Many thanks!
Clint

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Guess I'll just pick one from previous nominations.
We've never had an Esoterica tobacco. Peacehaven has been nominated a couple times, and we haven't done many VAs, so I was going to pick Esoterica Peacehaven as PToM for April 2017... but I think @bostoneo already bought it all so I'll have to pick something else! ;) I keed, I kee-e-ed...

Quick, someone else throw out a baccy you'd be willing to review this month and wouldn't mind hearing what others have to say about it as well (y)

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Peacehaven is one of those 1 time a year releases, probably not a good choice :p Dorchester would probably be an easier one to obtain.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I just cracked a tin of Dunhill Dark Flake to split a sample for Ron's lottery winnings. First bowl was real good. Solani 633, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Low Country Cooper, McClelland VA No22 and Samuel Gawith FVF have been my most memorable smokes recently.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I just cracked a tin of Dunhill Dark Flake to split a sample for Ron's lottery winnings. First bowl was real good. Solani 633, Dunhill Early Morning Pipe, Low Country Cooper, McClelland VA No22 and Samuel Gawith FVF have been my most memorable smokes recently.
Sorry I missed this!
I'll get them entered in the mix for June, instead.
Anyone else?