What's new

PToM Review - Pipe Tobacco of the Month - Master Thread

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL April Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let us know what you think our April PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Got something you love and think everyone else should try? Speak up!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, and Burley
The winning baccy from that poll will be crowned our April PToM, then we'll all light up and review it together! (y)

We'll do nominations for a couple days, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
Many thanks!
Clint

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As this was the only nomination, and I've dragged things out way too long, we're going with G&H Brown Flake Vanilla for the BOTL April PToM:
http://www.botl.org/threads/gawith-hoggarth-brown-flake-vanilla-ptom-apr-2016-pipe-tobacco-of-the-month.86278/
Excited to hear your review, Chico! I'm going to get some ordered myself right quick...
It'll be a while - I'm in the middle of a flu from hell and the thought of smoking is not very pleasant. Note to self: never touch a public drinking fountain handle, especially when a creepy, sweaty, dazed looking woman was there just before you. :dead:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL May Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Let us know what you think our May PToM should be:
  • Do you have something you've had your eye on, just looking for a reason to buy? Tell us now!
  • Do you have any thoughts on something someone else has already recommended? We want to hear that, too!
The poll will consist of choices between different tobacco styles/blends; Aromatic, Virginia, Latakia/English, Perique, and Burley
The winning baccy from that poll will be crowned our May PToM, then we'll all light up and review it together! (y)

We'll do nominations for a couple days, then I'll build a poll from that and fill in any gaps with suggestions from prior months that haven't been used yet.
Many thanks!
Clint

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I don't think we've done a plug tobacco. Let's try G.L Pease Jacknife plug and G.L. Pease Gaslight???? Those work?? And I think they can be readily available for anyone who would like some right??
The first couple posts in this thread have an archive of previous months with links to the polls and review threads, including both of these. But by all means, continue to add to all those reviews. The more the reviews grow, the better our collective knowledge & experience become! (y)

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
It's that time again - we're looking for suggestions for the BOTL Pipe Tobacco of the Month!
Going to try something different by request, doing voting for the next three months all at once to allow for easier purchasing.
Let us know what you think our June, July & August PToM should be:
The winning baccy selections from that poll will be crowned our June, July & August PToM, then we'll all light up and review them together! (y)

Many thanks!
Clint