What's new

R/C flying anyone?

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
This morning marked my 2nd trip in 3 days to USDL Field - that's UpSide Down Landing Field,
:hilarious:

It's her first RC plane crash souvenir now.
Oh man, she should see MY "Wall of Shame." ;)

I think I'll be adding to the collection soon. Probably gonna buld a Zagi per @ZippoGeek 's suggestion
I'll be putting my 60" Zagi together in the next couple of weeks! Also scored one of these today. Couldn't pass it up for 50 bucks receiver-ready:

http://www.weekenderwarehouse.com/zipper-mini-plane-p2go/

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fellow foam flyer here. I generally scratch build from dollar tree foam board. I'm not a good enough pilot yet to spend a lot of coin on a great plane yet. I really enjoy the build as much as the flying tho. I recently built a quadcopter from various bits and pieces. I like flying fixed wing better but wow that quad sure is fun too. It's a great hobby and has become significantly cheaper and easier in the last decade or so. Anyone who has been on the fence about trying it should look again. Just watch your fingers. Ouch

Sent from the ether using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Just watch your fingers. Ouch
Been there, done that!! :facepalm:

Dollar-Tree planes are pretty cool. Never built one, but my buddy has...literally dozens of them. Some fly great, others are literally bombs! :LOL: Can't get into the quad / "drone" thing myself, but glad it has brought new blood into the hobby.

Good to have another brother on the RC sticks! (y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is cool! Can we talk you into sharing pics of your custom builds?
I only have a few photos because I am terrible at remembering to take photos. I have photos of the ones that survived their maiden flights. All are dollar tree foam board and packing tape except the one made from an umbrella I found on the metra.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Phenomenal Indian summer morning -- great flying weather. (y) Sunny, 72 degrees and zero wind. Went 6-for-6 (no crashes :)) and maidened my Hitec Zipper. The plane flew so perfectly, I didn't even have to use trim. Not one click. This thing handles like it's on rails!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Phenomenal Indian summer morning -- great flying weather. (y) Sunny, 72 degrees and zero wind. Went 6-for-6 (no crashes :)) and maidened my Hitec Zipper. The plane flew so perfectly, I didn't even have to use trim. Not one click. This thing handles like it's on rails!
That's a nice looking little foamy. How big is that little guy? (Obligitory "that's what she said")

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You can scratch build them pretty reasonably. I have built and flown a few. I like the Armin wing design from Experimental Airlines YouTube channel. Ed is awesome. Flitetest has plans on their Channel for a smaller one which also flies quite well. Dollar Tree Foamboard rules the skies!!