What's new

R/C flying anyone?

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I use to fly a very basic, entry level foam plane when I was growing up. Its been probably 15 years but I've always wanted to build a plane myself. Maybe I'll add it to the project list soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I use to fly a very basic, entry level foam plane when I was growing up. Its been probably 15 years but I've always wanted to build a plane myself. Maybe I'll add it to the project list soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Do it brother!! (y) I love RC as much as I do cigars. The Telemasters are a great starting point for a kit, and they run from mini to giant scale:
http://www.hobbyexpress.com/telemasters_216_ctg.htm

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Flew my E-Flite Opterra for the first time today. Hand launch was a piece of cake and she handled like a dream! (y) This is a perfect camera platform; I've got a Mobius video camera on the way. It also be flown FPV...the electronics bay is MASSIVE.
Opterra by https://www.flickr.com/photos/148300343@N02/
That thing is bigger than you!!! Holy crap!!! LOL. Can't wait to see video footage!!

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Well, today's flying was HOT, to say the least. o_O Everything seemed off to a great start at the flight line:
flightline by Jason Maier, on Flickr
I proceeded to have two great flights with my Opterra wing, which had a Mobius high-def video camera on the nose:
mobius by Jason Maier, on Flickr
I then shifted gears and took off with my Multiplex FunCub XL. This is when things got...interesting. After an awesome take-off with flaps, the plane started acting erratically (very difficult to control). Thinking my battery had just come loose, I was able to land it about 200 yards away. That's when I noticed a plume of smoke coming out of the nose. By the time I got there, it was too late. The speed controller had shorted out and the LiPo pack (very flammable!) gave up the ghost. By the time I got to the plane, it was too late! :eek::
hiroshima by Jason Maier, on Flickr

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Well, today's flying was HOT, to say the least. o_O Everything seemed off to a great start at the flight line:
flightline by Jason Maier, on Flickr
I proceeded to have two great flights with my Opterra wing, which had a Mobius high-def video camera on the nose:
mobius by Jason Maier, on Flickr
I then shifted gears and took off with my Multiplex FunCub XL. This is when things got...interesting. After an awesome take-off with flaps, the plane started acting erratically (very difficult to control). Thinking my battery had just come loose, I was able to land it about 200 yards away. That's when I noticed a plume of smoke coming out of the nose. By the time I got there, it was too late. The speed controller had shorted out and the LiPo pack (very flammable!) gave up the ghost. By the time I got to the plane, it was too late! :eek::
hiroshima by Jason Maier, on Flickr
That's terrible, sorry you lost a nice bird! Did you get some good footage from the hi def camera?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Flew my first-ever plane constructed from Dollar Tree foam yesterday. To be totally honest, it flew like a bomb! (n) I think it'll serve me better as a wall-ornament...;)
aura by https://www.flickr.com/photos/148300343@N02/
Dollar tree foam is great. Not sure the build material is the issue. I have built and flown quite a few foamboard planes without too much issue. My favorite flyer is the flitetest spitfire looking platform. I think the plans first came out when they made a series of models based off the Disney planes movie. It flew like it was on rails. My other favorite is the flying wing design from experimental airlines. Fun to build and easy on the wallet.
Here are a couple I built with DT foam that flew great. And a bonus pic of a plane I made entirely from an umbrella I found on the train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: