What's new

Revolvers?

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I keep saying I'm going to hunt with a 45 Colt but I never do.... Maybe next year.
I hunted deer with a Blackhawk in .45 Colt for a couple years after I separated my shoulder and the Dr. Advised me not to fire a rifle or shotgun for a while. Never was close enough to get anything though.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
With cowboy loads, no. With hot handloads or buffalo bore or similar, yes. I think I was using 260 gr. At around 1450fps.
Yeah, that should do it. I shoot some Buffalo Bore in my Security Six, 180gr. @ 1400fps but have been concerned whether that would be effective on deer? I would think it would and again depend on shot placement.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Outside of a little Taurus.38 I’ve never been into revolvers. I’m teally wanting to add a gp100 or 686 .357 6” barrell to the mix. Wouldn’t be a carry weapon on course but would like to own one. I am starting to carry larger frame guns though. I catch myself putting the 1911 on more and more

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I am still carrying my Ruger SP101 357mag 3" without a problem and it's also my nightstand gun. It shoots as well as my 4" Security Six.

I started shooting revolvers around 1970. My brother had a beautiful stainless Colt Python
6" .357 and we shot it a lot. I would love to have it today. My brother either sold it or traded it years ago for some reason. He passed away about 4 years ago and on occasion would still talk about that gun. He lived to regret letting it go.

Deer season is 4 months away and I am starting to think about it. I would love to hunt with my Security Six this year during Alternative Methods season.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
This thread just makes me want to pickup a revolver. Sadly I do not have any yet.....
Any idea of what you would like? Caliber? What would you use it for?
Not trying to be nosey, just interested in the discussion. I don't know a whole lot about them, but love shooting revolvers. Probably left over from my Cowboy and Indian days.