What's new

Revolvers?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
As long as I'm thinking about it....
Looking to get a carry postol for my wife. We have been considering j frames etc. I know very little about them from a carry stand point. She would carry on body. She is also a stay at home mom. I am VERY familiar with striker fire pistols, only looking for revolver input.

Stupid Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've never been a huge revolver guy, generally focus on mag fed stuff, but I've strongly lusted for a nickel model 27 classic ever since I saw a pic of one, and I've always wanted a big frame like a Redhawk or something. And I feel the need for a 686...
Currently just have my wifes grandmother's NY state police or fbi model 13
20181122_221126.jpg
And this circuit judge I got a ridiculous deal off the broker a few years ago for a varmint gun for the wife. Not sure what the story on the really nice wood is. Every other I've seen has really plain wood.
20181122_221742.jpg
Such a great gun though, really comfortable to shoulder and great feel and natural aim.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I'm thinking about it....
Looking to get a carry postol for my wife. We have been considering j frames etc. I know very little about them from a carry stand point. She would carry on body. She is also a stay at home mom. I am VERY familiar with striker fire pistols, only looking for revolver input.

Stupid Tapatalk
J-frame is a terrible choice for the wife. Hard to shoot, kicks a lot, long heavy trigger pull, she'll never ever train with it...

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
J-frame is a terrible choice for the wife. Hard to shoot, kicks a lot, long heavy trigger pull, she'll never ever train with it...
The long heavy trigger pull is the reason I've been looking at them. Don't believe in safeties for carry.

Stupid Tapatalk

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
My thoughts exactly.

Lcr isn't horrible for what it is, but snubbies just suck for women who don't shoot. Hell, I don't even like them.

My mom carries an lcp, now that she figured out how much she hates revolvers, she wishes she had gotten a shield or bodyguard.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Forgot to mention that my wife shoots a few hundred a month. Also shoots lots of shotgun goose hunting. Was considering revolvers for long hard trigger pull and conceal ability in yoga pants LOL

Stupid Tapatalk

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Forgot to mention that my wife shoots a few hundred a month. Also shoots lots of shotgun goose hunting. Was considering revolvers for long hard trigger pull and conceal ability in yoga pants LOL

Stupid Tapatalk
Realistically for that my wife carries a S&W Bodyguard. I don’t like the safety, but the fricking thing has a horribly long hard pull for the trigger and conceals easily.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Realistically for that my wife carries a S&W Bodyguard. I don’t like the safety, but the fricking thing has a horribly long hard pull for the trigger and conceals easily.
But it's a smooth predictable long hard pull at least. Doesn't fuck up my aim like a snubby revolver.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Any idea of what you would like? Caliber? What would you use it for?
Not trying to be nosey, just interested in the discussion. I don't know a whole lot about them, but love shooting revolvers. Probably left over from my Cowboy and Indian days.
To be honest I’m not sure. I have really only shot a few revolvers. My friends Ruger single six was a blast to shoot, and I loved the Rhino in 357 Mag. I’ve also thought about picking up a S&W Govenor or the Taurus Judge. It’s not like I “need” a revolver, I usually always carry a semi auto, but then again when do we actually “need” a reason to buy more guns

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Don't believe in .380, nothing personal. We live in MN and in the winter people have on layers of leather etc. don't believe in carrying round nose for defense either. I've seen to many ballistic things that show .380 not getting through bone after layers of heavy coats

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I have shot a couple of Taurus Judges and both were wildly inaccurate for some reason. Using 45 or 410 loads made little to no difference. I suggest you shoot one for yourself before buying.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Anybody here like antique Colt Single Action Armies?
I just picked up this one this week. Antique Colt SAAs made during the black powder to the smokeless transition era of 1896 to 1908 are my thing.

View attachment 125852 View attachment 125853 View attachment 125854
I really like that style revolver. I have a Ruger single six & a ruger bearcat just for plinking. That's a nice gun, & I'd like to have one but could never justify the price.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like that style revolver. I have a Ruger single six & a ruger bearcat just for plinking. That's a nice gun, & I'd like to have one but could never justify the price.
I have had and still do have a bunch of Ruger single action guns. I am proud to say I own the goofiest Blackhawk ever made, the .30 Carbine Old Model.
The first generation Colt SAAs are pricey as you mentioned, but there are plenty of other Colt SAAs out there that are affordable and are good collectible shooters that appreciate in value. I have been collecting Colt SAAs for 40 years now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't even know that they made one of those. I just Googled it. That's an interesting gun. Both of mine were inherited. Someday though I would like to have a single action in 357 mag.
I have a pretty large collection and I was associated with the Antique Arms show here in Las Vegas for quite some years, and I have watched the prices climb every year on just about everything, but Colts and Winchesters are my passion.

There was a Ruger collector from Arizona named Lynn Laudise that passed away about ten years ago that really got me up to speed on collectible Rugers.
I recently picked up a first-year Single Six for a buddy of mine up in Seattle. The particular gun is a super nice shooter that was picked up for far less than the really high current price of a new Ruger. You should run the serial numbers of you two Rugers and check out how old they are. As far as getting a Blackhawk in .357 Magnum, I as an old guy would steer you into .45 Colt, or " Long Colt" because it makes bigger holes. LOL
Cheers,
Marc