What's new

Rum-What should I try?

Holy_Diver

Triple Churchill
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No way!!! Dogfish Head Makes a rum!!! its on the link Smokinfish threw up. Without exaggerating, dogfish head is THE BEST brewery in the world! their beers are out of this world! if you can find a liquor store that can pull enough strings to even get it, and they're not sold out:crosseyed

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Me go-to is actually the Varadero 7 years Añejo (Cuban and, in me humble opinion, better than Havana Club).
I'll second that vote for Varadero & over HC7. The Varadero seems to only be available in Cuba & Spain.

For you PA folks, the PLCB internet site has Rum Clement Cherub from Marinique, a delicious aged rum with orange & other spices.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'll second that vote for Varadero & over HC7. The Varadero seems to only be available in Cuba & Spain...
Once we were able to get it here, but I can no longer find it... :hanghead: Need to milk the last bottle I still have and go to Cuba again...(sure, just like that, oi?)

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Moro, I'm a fan of Bacardi Solera and Anejo down in your neck of the woods. can't buy it up here, so I stock up whenever I go to Mexico. heh. Nice stuff.

Definitely going to look for a bottle of the Matusalem now, based on the recommendations here.

Rating - 96%
34   1   0
I'm no expert in rum, seeing as there is a lot I have not had but Zaya Gran reserva is great! Smooth as can be and delicious straight up or with coke

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm no expert in rum, seeing as there is a lot I have not had but Zaya Gran reserva is great! Smooth as can be and delicious straight up or with coke
Are you talking about the old Zaya (Guatemala) or new Zaya (Trinidad)? I've heard mixed reviews about the new stuff so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's still good.

If you like Zaya then I would definitely recommend Ron Zacapa 23.

Rating - 96%
34   1   0
Are you talking about the old Zaya (Guatemala) or new Zaya (Trinidad)? I've heard mixed reviews about the new stuff so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's still good.

If you like Zaya then I would definitely recommend Ron Zacapa 23.
Trinidad

Appelton rum from Jamaica is great as well