What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Jody
Got a text from my dad, who has the bottles of Blackened. I'm sure you know the background on the bourbon, but for those that don't...

The master distiller/master blender was Dave Pickerell. He was an icon in the industry. He was Master Distiller for something like 14 years at Makers Mark, was a consultant for over 100 distilleries, and considered the Father of Craft Bourbon. He was the man behind Whistle Pig. Most recently, he worked with Metallica to produce their own bourbon brand. One unique characteristic of Blackened was that the barrels were exposed to low frequency sound to increase interaction between wood and whiskey. Each batch had a different playlist it was subjected to during aging.

This brings me back to the text from my dad... Our batch was #88, and the playlist was...View attachment 131167
I only know Metallica pre 1990, but there are some good songs on that list.

Btw, I think this sonic aging is BS, or a gimmick at best, but it's a cool tie to my youth and fun times... and it's one of the last projects Dave Pickerell worked on.
Yeah, I’m familiar with the background and I agree that it is probably a gimmick but it’s still cool as hell. Metallica is my all time favorite band. I got my daughter into them also at a really young age and that’s about all she listens to. She is eat up with ‘em. I was able to take her to the Metallica concert in Nashville, TN on the 24th of January. The tickets cost me an arm and a leg but it was totally worth every cent to see the expression on her face when they took the stage. We had great seats and she was even able to get a guitar pick from Kirk. Anyway, I didn’t even know they had their own bourbon brand until the guy I was next to at the concert told me about it. Well, that’s all it took and I knew I was going to have to get a bottle.

Man, you just don’t know how much I appreciate you finding me that bottle. I can’t wait to lay my hands on it. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas to get here. You’ll probably get tired of hearing me say it, but thank you for tracking it down for me. I owe you big time. As soon as that Four Roses bottle hits the shelves I’ll grab a bottle for you.

Thanks for getting the number of the bottle. I’ll definitely be listening to that playlist now.

Jody

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Got to visit the local vineyards over the weekend and picked up my absolute favorite and most delicious port wine.

After living in “wine country” for a while and frequent visits to the vineyards, my wife and I became friendly with the owner and he showed me their sunset desert wine. It’s a first of their kind being a “white” desert wine. Something they’ve never done before with their head winemaker. Amazing taste of caramel, hazelnut and vanilla from what I remember.

And a semi-dry table wine from another local vineyard as well. I really just wanted the bottle though because it looked cool. I mean the wine inside isn’t bad either.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah, I’m familiar with the background and I agree that it is probably a gimmick but it’s still cool as hell. Metallica is my all time favorite band. I got my daughter into them also at a really young age and that’s about all she listens to. She is eat up with ‘em. I was able to take her to the Metallica concert in Nashville, TN on the 24th of January. The tickets cost me an arm and a leg but it was totally worth every cent to see the expression on her face when they took the stage. We had great seats and she was even able to get a guitar pick from Kirk. Anyway, I didn’t even know they had their own bourbon brand until the guy I was next to at the concert told me about it. Well, that’s all it took and I knew I was going to have to get a bottle.

Man, you just don’t know how much I appreciate you finding me that bottle. I can’t wait to lay my hands on it. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas to get here. You’ll probably get tired of hearing me say it, but thank you for tracking it down for me. I owe you big time. As soon as that Four Roses bottle hits the shelves I’ll grab a bottle for you.

Thanks for getting the number of the bottle. I’ll definitely be listening to that playlist now.

Jody
Curious to hear how this tastes. Nice gesture on your part @gurgalunas

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did some running around Anchorage with The Wife today and finally...finally...got my hands on some Blanton’s today. Two 375ml bottles, which is the limit per customer, per day. It came in on Thursday, so I didn’t really expect any to be left but it was a big order. I enjoyed some with my birthday cigar this evening, a Punch After Dinner Maduro. Smooooooooth.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Did some running around Anchorage with The Wife today and finally...finally...got my hands on some Blanton’s today. Two 375ml bottles, which is the limit per customer, per day. It came in on Thursday, so I didn’t really expect any to be left but it was a big order. I enjoyed some with my birthday cigar this evening, a Punch After Dinner Maduro. Smooooooooth.
Happy Birthday! & Congrats

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I go to Costco for my cheap ass lunch, so I thought...And then I see the Mitchter’s tasting going on and I walk out with a bottle purchase. I can see why there’s a lot of people who really enjoy it. What an easy drinker.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk
This one is on my list to try

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The girl at the liquor store came through for me today. Supposed to have me another one on Tuesday.
9129F589-A3CC-401D-BAD9-913CF5C0A638.jpeg

The owner of the store HIGHLY recommended this rum so I thought I would give it a try. I was going to buy a bottle of Zacapa, but he said this is much better and talked me into it. Anyone familiar with it?
011B3E3C-1454-4161-A9CC-6C3625FC0305.jpeg

Jody