What's new

Show us your latest beverage purchase

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Not to change the subject on y’all, but if anyone comes across a bottle of Blackened Whiskey and would be willing to send it to me I would be in your debt forever. I would of course pay for it and make it worth your while. Or, if there’s something available here in KY that you can’t get maybe we could work out a trade. Thanks.

Jody
I did a little online research, bad news is it is distilled in Vermont and not available here, good news is you can order it from spirited gifts ! 70.00 though. Good luck Jody

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I did a little online research, bad news is it is distilled in Vermont and not available here, good news is you can order it from spirited gifts ! 70.00 though. Good luck Jody
Thank you for checking for me. Yeah, unfortunately we can’t buy alcohol online in Kentucky. Stupid huh?

Jody

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Recently learned that A. Smith Bowman is under Sazerac and that their bourbon uses BT distillate. Have had their regular bourbon a couple years ago and enjoyed so I thought I would try this. Their original limited release a couple years back won Whiskey of the year so I thought I would give their new release a shot although it’s half the age of the original. Just went in for that and spied 3 of the new ECBP release. Couldn’t pass it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yeah, I understand that Bowman uses BT distillate, but think its barreled and aged there. It's not just BT in a different bottle.

I had one of the SiB awhile back and thought it to be quite good. I think it had the Whiskey of the Year tag, but not sure who named it the winner. There are a number of those handed out...

Thumbs up on the ECBP!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah, I understand that Bowman uses BT distillate, but think its barreled and aged there. It's not just BT in a different bottle.

I had one of the SiB awhile back and thought it to be quite good. I think it had the Whiskey of the Year tag, but not sure who named it the winner. There are a number of those handed out...

Thumbs up on the ECBP!
I know and they actually redistill it once more as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Not to change the subject on y’all, but if anyone comes across a bottle of Blackened Whiskey and would be willing to send it to me I would be in your debt forever. I would of course pay for it and make it worth your while. Or, if there’s something available here in KY that you can’t get maybe we could work out a trade. Thanks.

Jody
Apparently there’s a few places by me that should have it “in stock.” In my travels this weekend I have to hit the liquor store anyway so I can shop around for you. Not sure how cheap it’ll be but I can at least get some prices for you.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Apparently there’s a few places by me that should have it “in stock.” In my travels this weekend I have to hit the liquor store anyway so I can shop around for you. Not sure how cheap it’ll be but I can at least get some prices for you.

Yeah, that’d be great. Craig came through and found a bottle for me, but if you’re going to be out anyway, yeah, go ahead and see if you can find any and what the asking price is. I’m curious about the availability of it and what the prices are.

Jody

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Yeah, that’d be great. Craig came through and found a bottle for me, but if you’re going to be out anyway, yeah, go ahead and see if you can find any and what the asking price is. I’m curious about the availability of it and what the prices are.

Jody
Oh awesome! I’ll definitely keep you posted!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Yeah, local store sent me an email that they have some bourbon they will be giving away, I have until tomorrow at 6pm to put in my receipt in for the give away. Was there during lunch just looking, and this guy comes over and he's in a rush, says to himself "ah, there it is" grabs it and trucks to the counter. I look to see what he grabbed and noticed there there was only 2 bottles left.....so I thought to myself hmmmmm this is flying off the shelf.....what is this about? I pick up the bottle and notice it's by WT, I like WT.....I continue to read the bottle....then I scan the price.....hmmmm not bad......eh what the fuck off to the counter I go & put in my receipt for the drawing, then I find out after by a botl that this is the one that Matthew Mcconaughey has been endorsing. I'm pretty excited to try it now.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yeah, local store sent me an email that they have some bourbon they will be giving away, I have until tomorrow at 6pm to put in my receipt in for the give away. Was there during lunch just looking, and this guy comes over and he's in a rush, says to himself "ah, there it is" grabs it and trucks to the counter. I look to see what he grabbed and noticed there there was only 2 bottles left.....so I thought to myself hmmmmm this is flying off the shelf.....what is this about? I pick up the bottle and notice it's by WT, I like WT.....I continue to read the bottle....then I scan the price.....hmmmm not bad......eh what the fuck off to the counter I go & put in my receipt for the drawing, then I find out after by a botl that this is the one that Matthew Mcconaughey has been endorsing. I'm pretty excited to try it now.
Sou ds good let us know how it is

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
HOLY SHIT!! Thank you so much! I owe you big time.

Jody
@Jody
Got a text from my dad, who has the bottles of Blackened. I'm sure you know the background on the bourbon, but for those that don't...

The master distiller/master blender was Dave Pickerell. He was an icon in the industry. He was Master Distiller for something like 14 years at Makers Mark, was a consultant for over 100 distilleries, and considered the Father of Craft Bourbon. He was the man behind Whistle Pig. Most recently, he worked with Metallica to produce their own bourbon brand. One unique characteristic of Blackened was that the barrels were exposed to low frequency sound to increase interaction between wood and whiskey. Each batch had a different playlist it was subjected to during aging.

This brings me back to the text from my dad... Our batch was #88, and the playlist was...IMG_2384.jpg
I only know Metallica pre 1990, but there are some good songs on that list.

Btw, I think this sonic aging is BS, or a gimmick at best, but it's a cool tie to my youth and fun times... and it's one of the last projects Dave Pickerell worked on.