What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
A few of you guys warned me about the corojo Seco, they had sent it before i could change my order(thought i had lots of time IE thinking how long LO took) anyways it looks good, whole leaves not just bits, seems in good shape to my noob eyes, ill be trying it out over the next few days and will report back.
Your corojo seco looks good. Don't use more than a whole leaf in a blend. I like to use a half leaf of that combined with a half leaf of another seco as a "condiment" leaf. I am a corojo junkie though so take my opinion with a grain of salt. If the leaf isn't to your liking let me know and I will buy your unused portion.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Your corojo seco looks good. Don't use more than a whole leaf in a blend. I like to use a half leaf of that combined with a half leaf of another seco as a "condiment" leaf. I am a corojo junkie though so take my opinion with a grain of salt. If the leaf isn't to your liking let me know and I will buy your unused portion.
I just rolled 5 using it in the blend, i used 1 Nic Ligero, 2 corojo seco and 2 piloto cubano viso with a Dominican binder, will wrap with Mexican San Andreas tomorrow, so your warning is about 1 hr late lol, ill see what its like i guess, why do you say no more than 1 leaf?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I just rolled 5 using it in the blend, i used 1 Nic Ligero, 2 corojo seco and 2 piloto cubano viso with a Dominican binder, will wrap with Mexican San Andreas tomorrow, so your warning is about 1 hr late lol, ill see what its like i guess, why do you say no more than 1 leaf?
It's a strong flavored leaf and can overpower a blend. As much as I love corojo it's a leaf that tends to be better in small quantities. Think of it like truffle oil in cooking or some really good Mediterranean sea salt. A little bit is good, a lot overpowers your plate. I tend to stick to a 44rg stick and a 1:1:1 blend starting point (1 seco, 1 viso, 1 ligero) so my ratios may not translate exactly to your taste and sticks. Experiments are the best part of this hobby. You are creating and smoking something that hardly anybody else can or will.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
It's a strong flavored leaf and can overpower a blend. As much as I love corojo it's a leaf that tends to be better in small quantities. Think of it like truffle oil in cooking or some really good Mediterranean sea salt. A little bit is good, a lot overpowers your plate. I tend to stick to a 44rg stick and a 1:1:1 blend starting point (1 seco, 1 viso, 1 ligero) so my ratios may not translate exactly to your taste and sticks. Experiments are the best part of this hobby. You are creating and smoking something that hardly anybody else can or will.
Thanks for that, well as i said ill see what its like now lol, and i forgot to mention, 1 of the 5 is 1 Ligero, 2 seco and 2 viso with a Ligero binder, thought i would give a double ligero a try as i had a nice leaf to use as a binder, that should have a kick.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Need to order more wrapper and Binder guys, i have the following fillers, Piloto Cubano Ligero, Corojo 99 Seco, Piloto Cubano Viso, any Recommendations/Suggestions on the Binder and Wrapper?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Need to order more wrapper and Binder guys, i have the following fillers, Piloto Cubano Ligero, Corojo 99 Seco, Piloto Cubano Viso, any Recommendations/Suggestions on the Binder and Wrapper?
I'll suggest what I do with binders. Don't buy them: select out binder-able leaf from your secos. Gives you more flexibility and tighter control of your blends.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lol, its out of stock anyway, i may take you up on that offer, how about Honduras Habano Wrapper 2012 crop year?
Does it burn? Didn't used to. Like, if you light it on fire will it keep burning on it's own unless you stamp it out?

Their page says 15 lbs left.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I'll suggest what I do with binders. Don't buy them: select out binder-able leaf from your secos. Gives you more flexibility and tighter control of your blends.
I like this comment.

However, i also like the Ecuador seco binder for the large portion of wrapper i can then use ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
love it. Been through a few and got one in the cart.
@blisscigarco sent me a envelope full of that wrapper, that he's taken the trouble of prepping for me, and like Blake, I hated it. Had a very cigarette flavor to it. I would pay decent money to visit @Marc L and see what he's doing that the rest of us aren't. I've smoked his cigars, they are excellent.