What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ecuador wrapper looks just like the Pa oscuro broadleaf. I wonder if the flavor is similar. I expected the ligero to be darker like a a Nicaraguan ligero leaf. Dark like a well roasted coffee bean. As long as it tastes good is all that matters.

I'd like to see the Ecuador seco, viso and ligero wrapper side by side to see the color difference. A great presentation from the distributor would be to have all the wrappers laid out side by side for color comparison instead of written descriptions.

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
The Ecuador wrapper looks just like the Pa oscuro broadleaf. I wonder if the flavor is similar. I expected the ligero to be darker like a a Nicaraguan ligero leaf. Dark like a well roasted coffee bean. As long as it tastes good is all that matters.

I'd like to see the Ecuador seco, viso and ligero wrapper side by side to see the color difference. A great presentation from the distributor would be to have all the wrappers laid out side by side for color comparison instead of written descriptions.
A bunch of us have tried and enjoy the ligero and the seco. Has anyone tried the viso?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My good friend Larry the Tobacco Butcher sent me a monster bag of Sumatra which he grew this summer. Feels very soft and smooth. The leaves turned out fairly small owing to the rain, says he. But I'd be astounded if I couldn't find enough leaves to wrap a couple fine boxes of robustos or at the least petite robustos. Smells real raw and hearty. A real meat and potatoes baccy aroma. At first sniff, I thought this stuff smelt designed for corojo. I rolled a quickie, corojo seco inside, bound and wrapped with Butcher Sumatra, which I'll try out tonight. Find out whether I'm right.

I'd take a better pic, but the dog is calling ... she wants some lap time ... and dinner is just about ready.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My good friend Larry the Tobacco Butcher sent me a monster bag of Sumatra which he grew this summer. Feels very soft and smooth. The leaves turned out fairly small owing to the rain, says he. But I'd be astounded if I couldn't find enough leaves to wrap a couple fine boxes of robustos or at the least petite robustos. Smells real raw and hearty. A real meat and potatoes baccy aroma. At first sniff, I thought this stuff smelt designed for corojo. I rolled a quickie, corojo seco inside, bound and wrapped with Butcher Sumatra, which I'll try out tonight. Find out whether I'm right.
So the leaf was grown by a friend so it hasn't been fermented. How do you plan to ferment it?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So the leaf was grown by a friend so it hasn't been fermented. How do you plan to ferment it?
I don't. Quite tasty as is. Rolling up a batch with this wrapper now.

This box will hold three dozen. Parejos, cause the leaves are too small for my usual perfectos. Parejos are just such a snap to roll.

Corojp seco, Dom volado binder, KY sumatra wrapper. Tried both binding and wrapping with KY sumatra; but the raw baccy flavor overwhelmed the filler.