What's new

Show us your latest leaf purchase

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried the LO Condega. Didn't like it near so much as this from WLT.
Roger. I just can't buy into calling that shit "Condega," because it's 5 years late to the game. WLT've been calling it "Nicaraguan Habano" for that same 5 years. I need time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

My understanding is that Condega is a place. What happened five years ago? Did the place get eradicated?
Certainly, the bags simply say Nic Habano on them. No mention of the village.

I do like the stuff.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Anytime there are SKUs with similar names at LO and WLT it can be helpful to mention which retailer you bought it from.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sold my old rollin wreck of a Ford Ranger last Saturday. Naturally, I just had to turn round and buy more baccy, cause, you know... never enough, right? Got to stay prepared for the tobaccolypse.

As always, WLT shipped first thing Monday, delivered yesterday, Wednesday, while LO has not even shipped yet. Don is a businessman. Way superior packaging and delivery.

Gettin into that viso. So easy to shape a fecto outta the smaller viso leaves.

Couple pounds of Esteli seco coming from LO, cause I like the Esteli better than Don's Nic.
And a pound of Honduran viso, cause sometimes you crave a touch of Hondo.

You ever tried a touch of Hondo w/ broadleaf filler? Works great.

Let's see if LO can deliver before the month is out. Nice inventory, but clowns when it comes to customer service.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
... and this morning I have a tracking number from Leaf Only, but the USPS page says they have not received the package yet. This is like when you order a widget from Amazon, only to be surprised that the thing is being shipped from China. I mean, can you think of any other outfit you deal with on-line that can't get product out the door in less than a week?

We ship all our gars out next day. Who else here has an on-line business? Don't you do likewise? It's not even hard to do. You just make that be the way. That's it. It doesn't increase your work to do it now... it just does it now.

First job I got out of college was on a loading dock (shows what a liberal arts degree is worth). Foreman Jimmy came in first thing in the morning, he stuck a wooden ruler beneath the stack of orders in the wire basket. We took orders off the top & shipped them. New orders were all deposited on the bottom. No one went home until we saw the ruler come up. If the ruler came up & there was time on the clock, we started on today's stack, to get ahead on tomorrow. This schmidt is simple.

I dunno. Not like I don't have 35 or 40 pounds on hand already. Just baffles me, LO, way they think.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FINALLY!

DullAware's governor issued a stay-at-home order that kicks into effect tomorrow morning. I am going to use the time to amass one whole crap-pile of coronas. I have a Wuhan band already designed. I am determined to come up with an absolutely killer blend. This last batcha leaves from Leaf Only starts me off on the right foot.

My plan is to start by testing this blend today:
  • one LO Esteli seco (I like the Esteli better than Don's Condega),
  • wo WLT T-13 visos (they're small, so that's prolly about equal amounts)
  • a half an LO Honduran viso just for mood.
  • I'll bind those in a wide strip of LO's Dom volado Piloto Cubano (came in real big leaves a while back)
  • The wrap will of course be the FXSS CT shade, cause I still have plentiful and cause it let's the fillers shine thru.

I have high hopes for this blend. The governor's order lasts until May 15th. Assuming I can hack together a savory gar outta these goodies, then, if I only just whack out one mold fulla ten Wuhan coronas per week, still, that's a stash of sixty. Somewhere's around August, I should be cracking into one helluva killer stash.

I do love these long term projects!

Okay, I'm diving in now. Wish me luck.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
FINALLY!

DullAware's governor issued a stay-at-home order that kicks into effect tomorrow morning. I am going to use the time to amass one whole crap-pile of coronas. I have a Wuhan band already designed. I am determined to come up with an absolutely killer blend. This last batcha leaves from Leaf Only starts me off on the right foot.

My plan is to start by testing this blend today:
  • one LO Esteli seco (I like the Esteli better than Don's Condega),
  • wo WLT T-13 visos (they're small, so that's prolly about equal amounts)
  • a half an LO Honduran viso just for mood.
  • I'll bind those in a wide strip of LO's Dom volado Piloto Cubano (came in real big leaves a while back)
  • The wrap will of course be the FXSS CT shade, cause I still have plentiful and cause it let's the fillers shine thru.

I have high hopes for this blend. The governor's order lasts until May 15th. Assuming I can hack together a savory gar outta these goodies, then, if I only just whack out one mold fulla ten Wuhan coronas per week, still, that's a stash of sixty. Somewhere's around August, I should be cracking into one helluva killer stash.

I do love these long term projects!

Okay, I'm diving in now. Wish me luck.
I wish you luck. Depending on the quality of those crops there's a lot of potential for a smoke-able blend in there, imho. You might be missing an opportunity if you don't have any olor to play with along with those leaves; unless you've already determined you don't like the olor? Other thoughts: the Hondo seco is also a nice leaf that can be used for variation in lieu of the pc volado. Sometimes just that switch makes the magic happen. Don't know if you have any of that hondoseco in stock tho. More thoughts: I slightly prefer the LO Jalapa viso to the T-13. I know you love the T-13. The FX CT does let the fillers shine through; but it is also one of the most distinct CTs I've ever used. It colors a blend (as do all wrappers) and makes any blend an FX CT blend.

I'm also locked down out here in Cali, but so is the GF, and she uses the desk to play Mahjong at. The same desk where I would be rolling.

I had a typical thing happen: a leaf I liked 5 years ago then sucked very hard a few years later. So recently I bought a fresh batch and tried it again. Sucked even worse than it had a few years ago! Wasted money. Then I ended up rolling a few leaves of it by itself with a habano binder and in some CT (from that source I mentioned) a few days ago, and it was better than most things I've rolled in the last year. It was very good.

WLT classic C98 seco. If you have it, give it a whirl with that FX: you might be surprised. 3 leaves of that as your complete filler.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Did you all get the Leaf Only COVID-19 Update on process delays?

IMPORTANT UPDATE AS OF MARCH 23rd, 2020

America and the rest of the world are facing challenging times, both medically and economically. Day by day the news is changing along with business recommendations and government oversight. As humanity stands united against this enemy, the only thing that remains certain is that we WILL overcome this challenge.

As of today, Leaf Only is still accepting new online / phone orders. However, there will likely be delays in both shipping turnarounds and customer service responses as we work through this difficult time.

Orders will continue to be shipped on a first come first serve basis. Customers that order with expedited processing will still be shipped with priority, but we can no longer guarantee same / next day turnaround. Although we are working as quickly as possible to send out orders, please expect standard turnaround times beyond 5 business days.

Our Connecticut retail location is CLOSED. Wholesale pickup customers should call to arrange shipping / will call.

We apologize for any inconvenience and will continue to post updates as we monitor the current situation, carrier pickup status, and regulatory recommendations.

Thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding!​

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wish you luck. Depending on the quality of those crops there's a lot of potential for a smoke-able blend in there, imho. You might be missing an opportunity if you don't have any olor to play with along with those leaves; unless you've already determined you don't like the olor? Other thoughts: the Hondo seco is also a nice leaf that can be used for variation in lieu of the pc volado. Sometimes just that switch makes the magic happen. Don't know if you have any of that hondoseco in stock tho. More thoughts: I slightly prefer the LO Jalapa viso to the T-13. I know you love the T-13. The FX CT does let the fillers shine through; but it is also one of the most distinct CTs I've ever used. It colors a blend (as do all wrappers) and makes any blend an FX CT blend.

I'm also locked down out here in Cali, but so is the GF, and she uses the desk to play Mahjong at. The same desk where I would be rolling.

I had a typical thing happen: a leaf I liked 5 years ago then sucked very hard a few years later. So recently I bought a fresh batch and tried it again. Sucked even worse than it had a few years ago! Wasted money. Then I ended up rolling a few leaves of it by itself with a habano binder and in some CT (from that source I mentioned) a few days ago, and it was better than most things I've rolled in the last year. It was very good.

WLT classic C98 seco. If you have it, give it a whirl with that FX: you might be surprised. 3 leaves of that as your complete filler.
I just burnt a test stick. It was a nubber. I think the Hondo really added a smooth thing. The binder isn't physically strong enough; so I will have to re-think that bit. Besides, flavor wise it's a bit redundant on the T-13, which is half PC anyways.

I do love the olor. Only a smidge of that left. Not enough for a good run of five dozen Wuhans.

On the way to a killer blend.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a bummer but probably better to be safe than sorry. Also good idea to have a good stock of sticks and leaf. I’m started growing some tobacco plants a week or two before this happened. However, they won’t be ready for probably a year if they turn out at all. Learning is fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts about binders. I saw a video where someone. Commented that Papin would be proud he had two binders. If two then different leaves? Thoughts? Going to roll some sticks tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk