What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I am in Ohio visiting relatives. Last night, my cousin told me that her son got a DUI, has been in rehab and is under a court order to do 90 in 90. She said he has accepted that he is an alcoholic. My cousins know about me and I told her to give him my number. Praying he stays like enough for the miracle to happen. Right now he is riding that pink cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I am in Ohio visiting relatives. Last night, my cousin told me that her son got a DUI, has been in rehab and is under a court order to do 90 in 90. She said he has accepted that he is an alcoholic. My cousins know about me and I told her to give him my number. Praying he stays like enough for the miracle to happen. Right now he is riding that pink cloud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, it's really, really good that he has admitted already that he is an alcoholic. I run our book study on Mondays and we had a new guy that went off topic (which is ok), and mentioned he is in a halfway house, has 5 kids, doesn't work, and has no desire to do any of the work, have a sponsor, or read a book (the big book). I had nothing to even comment on that one.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Well, it's really, really good that he has admitted already that he is an alcoholic. I run our book study on Mondays and we had a new guy that went off topic (which is ok), and mentioned he is in a halfway house, has 5 kids, doesn't work, and has no desire to do any of the work, have a sponsor, or read a book (the big book). I had nothing to even comment on that one.
Nothing you can say other than, "keep coming back."

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
We learn from those that work the program as well as those that don't. I remember a guy talking like that in a meeting and a week later he rear ended a mother and her 3 kids on the highway. He was drunk and traveling 100 mph and killed the mother and 2 of the children.
I wonder if while still sitting in prison he ever thinks about that AA meeting and talking shit?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Yep. I hate to say it but thats the stuff that keeps me sober. The guy with 40 years gives me hope, the guy with 4 days keeps me green and the guy that dosnt make it back or ends up killing someone keeps alive a healthy fear. One of the first things my sponsor told me was "if you stick around, buy a dark suit if you dont already have one". He wasnt lying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That part in the book where it says after completing we return home and sit quietly for an hour yadda yadda yadda is a great time for a well deserved cigar!
That is awesome. I remember when I finished my 5th Step at my sponsor's house, I really wanted to have a cigar with her. That was before I was really into cigars. God, that moment brings tears to my eye!? (She moved, don't really have any more contact)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
That is awesome. I remember when I finished my 5th Step at my sponsor's house, I really wanted to have a cigar with her. That was before I was really into cigars. God, that moment brings tears to my eye!? (She moved, don't really have any more contact)

Mum, I hope you find another sponsor soon. I have had 4 sponsors and my last one passed away. I still haven't found another one. Ya know what they say, he/she who sponsors themselves sponsors a fool.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
3 years ago today I was celebrating my birthday doing what many of us did on those special days. Getting shitfaced. Just like we did on not special days. Lol. I don't remember that one. Nor many before it. But this one will be spent with a nice smoke, unsweet tea and grateful reflection. And will be remembered. If work will ever end... lol. So glad you all are here and keep working it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I don't remember that one. Nor many before it. But this one will be spent with a nice smoke, unsweet tea and grateful reflection. And will be remembered. If work will ever end... lol. So glad you all are here and keep working it!

Beautiful brother! (y) Remembering things is fun...

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
3 years ago today I was celebrating my birthday doing what many of us did on those special days. Getting shitfaced. Just like we did on not special days. Lol. I don't remember that one. Nor many before it. But this one will be spent with a nice smoke, unsweet tea and grateful reflection. And will be remembered. If work will ever end... lol. So glad you all are here and keep working it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Happy birthday! I hope you pop into chat today so they can destroy your ass!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Great meeting this morning; talked about the "WE" nature of the program. Good stuff! I can say with certainty that if I didn't have my sober brothers and sisters to lean on, I'd still be drinking my face off and passing out every night. :dead: Every time I reach out to another alcoholic, my self-pity goes into remission for a bit and I actually think about someone other than me.

I've always been provided with exactly
what I needed, when I needed it. So I have no right to bitch about anything. Perfect example: I quit my job last Thursday, mostly because I struggle with ADD. I can't keep up in an office environment anymore; sometimes I can't even complete a senten :rolleyes: So there I was, in the fetal position on my couch, thinking, "It's the beginning of the end...I can't provide for my family...there goes my dignity." Pathetic. So I did what I'm told to do when the pity party strikes: pick up my 800-lb. phone. I didn't want to, but I texted several of you and my local AA friends. Then I silenced the phone and took a nap. When I woke up, it was blowing up with messages (thank you everyone). I immediately felt a weight lifted from my chest. And to my main point: I was offered a new job the next day doing the only thing I love, writing from home. Exactly what I needed, when I needed it. Grateful for the endless blessings in my life.

This is some of what has been working for me. Hope someone gets something out of it. Have a great (sober) day, brothers...(y)

-j