What's new

Sobriety Thread

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
That part in the book where it says after completing we return home and sit quietly for an hour yadda yadda yadda is a great time for a well deserved cigar!
LMAO brother!! That is EXACTLY what I'm doing this very moment! :cigar:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone! I did fine today. Left it all on paper; it's a very cathartic step. Reflecting now on WHY I've behaved so badly in the past. Pride, ego, anger, resentment & fear all come to mind. Thank God I'm forgiven for these defects of character. So grateful that there's a solution. And that I don't have to live like that any more. (y)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have noticed that there are a number of brothers who are clean and sober and are pretty open about it. I would like this thread to be a place where those who may struggle with addiction or alcohol issues can find another brother who can offer advice and/or support. If you are clean/sober and would like to offer your help please post up.
If you think you have an issue and want advice just find a brother on this thread and PM them. There is zero need for you to post here, just PM one of us. You can post up if you like but is completely unnecessary.
And if I am the only one who offers help, that is cool too. I am here for anyone that needs help. My sobriety date is September 27, 2006, so I have a couple days experience at it.

Having said all that. What this thread will NOT be is a debate thread. If this turns into a debate about drug and alcohol addiction and treatment I will have this thing deleted so fast it will make your head spin. You want to debate? Take it to the debate thread or PM.

All that will be offered here is a chance at a better way of life.

Here is the current list of brothers to contact if you need to. And a big thanks to them for offering to help.

1. Zama80
2. Javajunkie
3. 3/5king
4. FuenteSmoker
5. ChefBoyRG54
6. Doug B
7. Cigar_Benz_Daddy
8. srduggins
9. madcox
10. CWS
11. DrumMum
12. Discglide

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
LMAO brother!! That is EXACTLY what I'm doing this very moment! :cigar:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone! I did fine today. Left it all on paper; it's a very cathartic step. Reflecting now on WHY I've behaved so badly in the past. Pride, ego, anger, resentment & fear all come to mind. Thank God I'm forgiven for these defects of character. So grateful that there's a solution. And that I don't have to live like that any more. (y)
And enquiring minds want to know, what did you smoke?

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Great reading through this thread. Congrats on your sobriety and completing step 5. I usually have a cigar (and my sponsee too) when I hear a 5th step.
My daughter got married last May. I've never spent that much on booze in a single day before. When it came time to toast, I looked around and nobody was trying to make sure this sober alcoholic had a non-alcoholic drink to toast with, so I walked over to the bar, got some sparkling water (or cider - I don't even remember) and proudly toasted the young couple. On that day, it was easy to remember that its not about me. Thanks for letting me share.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Welcome bother and fellow FOBW. I am happy that you just jumped right in, that is awesome. With all your sober time, I am sure you will be a great resource. And thank you so much for volunteering to be on the list. Again, welcome to BOTL and especially to the sobriety thread..
Remember this? Lol waaaaaay back in the day.