What's new

Sobriety Thread

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
LMAO brother!! That is EXACTLY what I'm doing this very moment! :cigar:

Thanks for the advice and encouragement everyone! I did fine today. Left it all on paper; it's a very cathartic step. Reflecting now on WHY I've behaved so badly in the past. Pride, ego, anger, resentment & fear all come to mind. Thank God I'm forgiven for these defects of character. So grateful that there's a solution. And that I don't have to live like that any more. (y)
Very proud of you, brother. You can probably understand now why I was pushing you to move forward in the steps. So many people seem to stall after the first three. It's an amazing relief and you can now understand the things that tick you off and your own defects of character that lead you toward feeling that way. I realized that I was the actor trying to be the director after doing this step.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Very proud of you, brother. You can probably understand now why I was pushing you to move forward in the steps. So many people seem to stall after the first three. It's an amazing relief and you can now understand the things that tick you off and your own defects of character that lead you toward feeling that way. I realized that I was the actor trying to be the director after doing this step.
Thanks my friend. I feel much better; like the scales have fallen off my eyes. I just need to forgive myself for nursing so much pride and anger in my drinking days. The things I did were not nice. I need to do that "living amends" thing going forward. Anxious to move on to 6 & 7; we ran out of time Sunday.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Thanks my friend. I feel much better; like the scales have fallen off my eyes. I just need to forgive myself for nursing so much pride and anger in my drinking days. The things I did were not nice. I need to do that "living amends" thing going forward. Anxious to move on to 6 & 7; we ran out of time Sunday.
Yeah, its a domino effect now with the steps. I actually couldnt wait to make ammends. I made ammends to people i didnt even need to. Its a good place tobe at with your recovery.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I remember thinking steps 6 and 7 would only take about 5 minutes. My sponsor actually had me write a character defect list and when I presented it to him, he put a big "F" on my paper saying, "You're only ready to have God remove the defects that are causing you problems. What about the ones that are causing everyone else trouble?" Yep, I was still selfish and self-centered, but one of the more memorable moments in recovery that I still chuckle about today.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Man. Cant believe iv only just come across this section of the board. Iv been a lurker as im new to the world cigars but joined today. Now i know for sure this is a great forum. 18 months sober by the grace of god. Im young but i burnt 20 years drinking. First drink when i was 13. First 10 years were fun then it went down hill. But today im smiling, being a better husband and father. AA, the greatest thing I never wanted to do.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Man. Cant believe iv only just come across this section of the board. Iv been a lurker as im new to the world cigars but joined today. Now i know for sure this is a great forum. 18 months sober by the grace of god. Im young but i burnt 20 years drinking. First drink when i was 13. First 10 years were fun then it went down hill. But today im smiling, being a better husband and father. AA, the greatest thing I never wanted to do.

I joined this forum when I found this thread, myself. Welcome!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0

That is awesome brother! And welcome to the sobriety thread. This is a great place to vent, get advice, but most of all, encouragement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Little update. Meet with my step guide and got more instruction on me 4th step. I am starting my second column. I have 160 something resentments so this will keep me busy for awhile.
Just got to work on it 20 mins a day and I am sure I will be done in know time.
Awesome!! Sounds pretty thurough, which is critical. Even if it takes a while. It's worth it. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Little update. Meet with my step guide and got more instruction on me 4th step. I am starting my second column. I have 160 something resentments so this will keep me busy for awhile.
Just keep at it. It will all be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Just finishing steps 4-5 and I am feeling much better brother. It's well worth the effort! :cigar: (y)