What's new

Spring Home Projects

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I think we have a great deal to do also.

• Paint kitchen and cabinets
  • New counters/sink
  • New range hood
  • Painting patio
  • Finishing up the wall of the downstairs bathroom
  • Painting trim in one or two bedrooms

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I am looking at replacing a few windows on one side of the house. They are really bad double-hungs. We also need to get rid of the crappy siding but I don't know if that will be this year or next. When I replace the siding I would like to also increase the R value so that could end up being a big project before its all done.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
In the process of putting in raised garden beds and getting in a couple of composting bins. I'm going to step up my gardening to more than just tomatoes this year.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I need to put a man door in the garage. New house without one. It sucks
I need to replace some interior doors
Need to finish putting rock and trim under the deck
Might install a raised garden bed for strawberries and raspberries. Damn developer scrapped most of the black soil and hauled it away. Pisses me off.
Fire pit
More, I'm sure...

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Add on to the deck in the back. Add trim and repaint most of the inside of the house. Probably new carpet too. We bought this place three summers ago and really wanted to redo every room in the house. There is nothing really wrong with any of the finishes, everything was new when we bought it. It's just all very vanilla everywhere. I've been putting off the work too long. Time to get at it.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
HOA's suck.
Yes they do. This is why my buddy who lives in the same neighborhood and I decided to run for President and Vice President and get a couple of like minded people to also get on the board (stacking the board :smuggrin:). Now, no foolish rules and people getting in other peoples business just to be jerks. So far so good.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
We have plenty of projects.

-Building new bbq patio and fire pit out of reclaimed brick. Already got the yard dug up.
-Get veggie gardens going
-Restain the deck
-Tear down old shed and have new one put up.
-Put in new garage door and get garage in order
-Redo family room. We have an odd small bedroom that cuts up the family room so we are tearing it out for more space and putting in new floors.
-House needs painted, but might have to wait another year.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yes they do. This is why my buddy who lives in the same neighborhood and I decided to run for President and Vice President and get a couple of like minded people to also get on the board (stacking the board :smuggrin:). Now, no foolish rules and people getting in other peoples business just to be jerks. So far so good.
Strong work! I like your style. I should think of doing this in my HOA

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Plant a dozen or so trees in the back yard and fix part of patio that has sunk yet again by a company who does shitty work.
Other than that...... Nothing I have busted my ass even though only living here four years.
-finished 2000 sq ft of our basement. Family room, bed room, walk in closet that is a bed room. 3 additional storage closets.
-Epoxied floors in workout room of basement.
Finished 26x16 home cigar lounge.
-Epoxied 3 car garage floor.
-installed over 30 shelves on walls of 3 car garage.
-tool organizers galore on remaining wall of garage.
Planted 2 bed gardens last 2 years keep adding on.
- stained my sons new swing set with 3 coats of high end stain.
-And many other smaller projects like repaired valves on kitchen/bath sinks. Door handles list goes on.
You're either a doer or a sayer....

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Thanks. Next step is going to be some sort of patio around it. Probably just going with loose rock for ease. Pavers are super expensive and pouring a pad is just a pain.