What's new

Surprisingly good cigars?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cain NUB Maduro. I'm a total newb, and I didn't know what to expect.

Enjoyed every minute of it. A memorable smoke.

sneak

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
The stick that was laying in the bottom of one of my humis without a band. Just don't know what the hell it was! :scratchhe It was a torpedo.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently discovered Pinar Del Rio (I know, I am slow to get around). What a bunch of amazing smokes for about $3 a pop! No other cigar has ever exceeded my expectations like that lot.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
A Magellan Dominicans Corona Shuckins sent to me.
He said it was "just an everyday type smoke" and I thought it was great!
I just picked up a bundle of 25 of these on cbid for $11... I thought for that price I would buy them for a cheap yard gar option or to hand out to friends that dont smoke much (or care)..

Theyre not pretty.. rough construction.. but other than that.. what a great little smoke for the price! Not really anything complex.. just a simple, mild cigar.. with a slightly sweet, grassy flavor and aroma.. it held a nice ash, burned decent, had a nice draw, etc..

at $0.44 each.. I was pretty impressed.. (at $4.00 a stick it would have been a dismal disappointment :) )...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The latest surprisingly good stick I've tried is the La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor in the Magnifico vitola - Not surprising that its good because Pepin knows his shit but because a cigar should not be THAT good for under ten bucks!!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any Padron. Smoked a 3000 last night on the patio watching the light(ning) show. Very tasty stick.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Kinky Friedman's Texas Jewboy. With a name like that, my expectations were extremely low. But it was a surprisingly fun & tasty smoke.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
La Traviata Maduro. I've been a fan of the naturals for a few years. The Maduros are even better. ABC store had them for $2.75/stick. Half price.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
El Titan De Bronze Redemption Maduro en Toro. Had em in the humi for six months now and hadn't had one for four. What a great smoke! Full smooth and tasty for $7 when bought in a box. Not a bad price in my opinion. Gonna get a box of Cremo's when i go to Florida next week. Let ya know what i think of em!

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Maybe bump this old thread. I found it when I did a search for what others thought of the J Fuego Origen Originals. Definitely mentioned quite a bit in here and I would like to reiterate that. Also, I will add 601 Green label and a cigar that Rev sent me a while back called 'Southern'.

-KK33-

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Tarano Fortress. Smooth, creamy, great construction. Had it for about a year before I smoked it so that'd might have made it better.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
for a cheap smoke, the Cu-Avana Intenso is quite surprisingly nice. because of all the Gurkha hate, i was pleasantly surprised to find that i quite enjoy the Micro Batch C-10.

for a surprisingly ungood (yeah... don't want to say "bad." "ungood" is more fitting :thumbsup: ) stick, i didn't really like the Padron 2000 i had a few nights back... despite all the rave Padron reviews all over here.
+1 on the Cu-avana intenso. They used to make a gordo size (I think it was like 4x55). I enjoyed them for sure. Tons of pepper and spice with a slightly firm draw.

Sin

Living the Dream
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ave Maria was surprisingly good. I didn't like it awhile ago but enjoyed the one I had recently. Also a few CCs turned out to have good draws.