What's new

Tatuaje Black Label Petite Lancero

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Anyone else get 2 tracking #'s? I received one last night for a 1lb package (5iver) and another one this morning for a 2lb package(?) I'm worried that they sent me someone else’s by mistake. I'll call them when they open.
i only got 1 tracking # for my box ... and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!! (can you tell i'm excited?!)

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Mine is at the office. Perfect, the day I stay home with sick kids. Shipping is sending a driver shortly to the house. yeaaaaaaaaa.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Mine is at the office. Perfect, the day I stay home with sick kids. Shipping is sending a driver shortly to the house. yeaaaaaaaaa.

I had to laugh as I got my shipping tracking email today and they are delivered. I'm sure they are very busy.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Anyone else get 2 tracking #'s? I received one last night for a 1lb package (5iver) and another one this morning for a 2lb package(?) I'm worried that they sent me someone else’s by mistake. I'll call them when they open.
I ordered a 10 pack and got two fedex shipment notifications with two tracking's. thinking they are sending the fiver's out individually?

or maybe they are sending me someone's order by mistake -:argh:

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Cant wait to get my five back in. Really excited to try my first tat black. Seems like the order was shipped today.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Launch is in old SODO boxes with a pigtail and closed foot.
Full release is planned for July in glossy square jar looking boxes. The cigar is cut normal at the foot and with a triple cap. I figured with full production it was better to have the cigar normal looking.

Pete
I'm glad I picked up a fiver of the launch... those little details are kinda nice with an LE release like this. I'm sure the regular release will be just as good a smoke, but the closed foot and pigtail really look good on a PL.

Got my tracking email just now... looking forward to these.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
I don't understand the whole closed foot thing, after 5 seconds of lighting it, the closed foot is gone. Does it serve any purpose or enhance the cigar in any way? Same with a pigtail, clip, it's gone. It serves the same purpose as any other cap on a cigar.

I'd like to hear from the man himself, will there really be any difference in the wet packed versus non-wet packed sticks?

And since I am on a roll, how come the La Riqueza sticks are rolled differently or at least seem like they are compared to the other lines you produce? They ALWAYS draw and burn perfectly. They almost draw too well!

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I'm pretty sure Pete has said earlier in this thread there is absolutely no difference in the blends of these sticks. Just closed foot and pigtails on the early release. As far as the wet packed goes, IIRC, he said the early release didn't need it because they would be fresher.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And since I am on a roll, how come the La Riqueza sticks are rolled differently or at least seem like they are compared to the other lines you produce? They ALWAYS draw and burn perfectly. They almost draw too well!
Maybe it has something to do with the box pressing of the cigar? I've heard that at least some box pressed cigars are intentionally underfilled, so that the box press won't cause the cigars to be plugged. I'm pretty sure I first heard that about the LFD factory press cigars, and maybe the same holds true for the Padron anni lines, and the La Riqueza.

Rating - 100%
134   0   0
Maybe it has something to do with the box pressing of the cigar? I've heard that at least some box pressed cigars are intentionally underfilled, so that the box press won't cause the cigars to be plugged. I'm pretty sure I first heard that about the LFD factory press cigars, and maybe the same holds true for the Padron anni lines, and the La Riqueza.
That may be true for the box pressed versions, however the cabinet versions are not box pressed and exhibit the same characteristics.

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I don't understand the whole closed foot thing, after 5 seconds of lighting it, the closed foot is gone. Does it serve any purpose or enhance the cigar in any way? Same with a pigtail, clip, it's gone. It serves the same purpose as any other cap on a cigar.

I'd like to hear from the man himself, will there really be any difference in the wet packed versus non-wet packed sticks?

Re the pigtails and covered foot... for me it is optics. They look nicer. The visual interest makes for a better cigar experience (not necessarily a better smoking experience, though).

And on the covered foot... maybe in a really off the wall way, you could argue that it is better for mold protection? If the mold can't get inside the cigar, catching the mold earlier on a closed foot cigar creates a better chance for wiping it clean? I don't know... grasping at straws here.

Bsneed51

Lock and Load
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That may be true for the box pressed versions, however the cabinet versions are not box pressed and exhibit the same characteristics.
I always forget there is a cabinet version of this cigar. My local doesn't carry the cabinet version, so I guess out of sight, out of mind.

Rating - 100%
68   0   1

Great points and questions.

Personally I really dislike a closed foot. But its strictly a personal preference thing.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0

It's true that the closed foot is gone quickly, but I like it a lot for two reason:
1) Those first couple puffs are pure wrapper ... that's just fun (and yummy), and allows me to appreciate the wrapper and filler more.
2) I think it looks sweet

As for the pigtail, it's just the "looks sweet" thing. Aesthetics are important for any fine cuisine, or fine cigar. Look at the Liga Privadas. The wrappers on those things are just plain gorgeous, and I can honestly say it adds to my overall enjoyment of those cigars. I think pigtails look cool (I think the Flying Pigs are possibly the coolest looking cigars I have).

On the La Riqueza--I agree, I've never had a single construction problem on a La Riqueza. I've wondered before if The Don has his best team working on that line.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Lightly lighting a cigar and puffing the delicious wrapper of a good closed-foot stick is a treat. Tat petite reserva, black robusto, various Viaje's come to mind. It's a killer way to start a cigar...

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I am not a big Tat fan, but I loved the CGs so I tried these.

Great cigar, I smoked one ROTT, and loved it. I hope the regular release is this good also.